Indy "opening" contest

Well, I was incredibly impressed with Bloo's show. No surprise Cadets won. They seemed to be the corps that was best prepared. Scouts and Stars were low, but I'm not that surprised. I figured Scouts and Stars would be around the 10-12 spot. Really surprised by Cavies' low score though.

• Like 2

Cadets looked like every other cadets show

Bloo was amazing, with some fine tuning they are in the hunt

Crown Loud and boring. And they didn't play the most notes. Surprise!

Edited by Pes49
  • Like 1

I am not sure how the placements will happen, but that is a very good possibility.

No prediction on GE? GE will decide placements.

Cadets beat Bluecoats by 1.65. 1.2 of that was GE.

Crown 6th in percussion? Wow.

Never thought I would see Cavies' guard so low in a small contest.

Nice job Blue Stars percussion!

Well, I was incredibly impressed with Bloo's show. No surprise Cadets won. They seemed to be the corps that was best prepared. Scouts and Stars were low, but I'm not that surprised. I figured Scouts and Stars would be around the 10-12 spot. Really surprised by Cavies' low score though.

Ehh cadets are filthy right now. I was surprised they won.

• Like 3

No respect

For the scouts show based on that score

I suppose that would make this fall under the old adage "respect is earned."

They were exactly where they needed to be, though Blue Stars were so rough I couldn't believe they broke 60. Top 3 I would have flipped Bloo with the Cadets with that same spread, though I will say it is surprising that nobody broke 70.

• Like 1

Ehh cadets are filthy right now. I was surprised they won.

They have such difficult music this year, a little sloppy, and already ahead by nearly 2 points. All corps can improve but musically Cadets have the farthest to go in my opinion. If that spread doesn't change this week, a good sign for them.

• Like 2

Only problem I've had with Cadets so far is I've heard the synth the entire time. Otherwise, absolutely fantastic.

Agreed. Synth was way too loud in quite a few moments and one whole tune. Not sure if it sounded like that in person or it was dci mic placements. But the net impact on our end was. Way too much synth mix.

So scores bunched. Crown was cleanest and that is reflected in the visual.and brass.scores. Cadets winning with as many holes as they marched tonight is a little telling. Bluecoats will clean the heck out of that show, and will get tougher and tougher. Cadets just don't appear to have a weakness, and the ending to be added is rumored to be spectacular.

This is going to be a great season! Can't wait to see the rest of the programs!

Their guard..

• Like 1