2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

Uhh....what?

1490811_10153051279438335_82618527217297

More like, "DEAR GOD, WHY????"

For all but the first picture (DM I'm assuming?) you've got such a bizarre tension between wanting to throw in a lot of sky blue, but trying to avoid looking "too blue," (because lord knows there's always a lot of blue corps out there) by alternating blue with a very limited partial spectrum of stripes of other colors. Not to mention the "reflection" streaks.I wouldn't call it the worst uniform I've ever seen, but I would call it one of the stranger ones.

There might be a glut of blue uniforms as always, but I think their first example looks pretty darn good, especially in comparison with the other three. For all the excess blueness, I'd still rather see the whole corps in that one.

(Oh, and while I very much want their Maltese Cross there, having it hover over the cloudy sky looks like some sort of surrealist Rene Magritte image) .

Edited by troon8
  • Like 2

Uhh....what?

1490811_10153051279438335_82618527217297

As I have said before, the guard influence has ruined drum corps uniforms. These new X-Man unis are horrendous.

• Like 3

I don't think its bad honestly. IMHO its a really nice uniform. I think it may turn out like Crown 2013 and grow on a lot of people

• Like 1

EVERYONE WANTS TO BE BLUE!!!

Madison is going to post a new photo this year and instead of good guys dress in white it will say good guys dress in blue.

Dress in Blue, get extra points. lol ( I kid, I kid)

0 to 100 with some of you. Judging solely from the reactions, you would think they switched to 93 Glassmen's uniforms.

The Crossmen still look like the Crossmen. And in terms of modifying a unique uniform to serve a show theme, I'd say this is one of the better examples (a poor example being Cadets 06).

If you're talking about WGI rubbing the wrong way on this activity, I'd use the sky print pajama tops from Bluecoats 09 as an example.

• Like 3

Not sure why people are being so negative about the "change" given that it's not permanent.

The drumcorps community, especially the "experts" that post here and (RAMD in the past), are overall not very accepting of new ideas. B-flat, props, electronics, narration, t-bones, french horns, sousaphones, woodwinds, WGI influence. Eventually they will get over this change and pine for these uniforms once they're gone. Kinda like they did with Star of Indiana.

• Like 3