2016 Prediction Thread

heck it's fun just to be "in the game" :-)

Cadets have endured tough competition for many many years. As far as coming out of the gate and winning alot shows (like 2014 and 2015)? Sonetimes it happens and other seasons not but as for this season, the plan was to design a show with legs for the tail end of the season and although there will be rewrites and tons of development, I think we have...😉

I have been waiting for Bluecoats to come out with their show title, but since they aren't going to before the 1st competition, I suppose I'll have to go ahead and make my placement predictions now.

1) 98.45 Bluecoats. I think they are taking a page out of Crown's book and going for something new and fresh. They are going to pull out all the stops, and I think it's going to work enough for the win, seeing as how I believe this is still going to be a down year for many corps.

2) 97.2 Cadets Strong, central theme, original creative concept, talented members will push this corps back into a medal - however, problems with incorporating the theme into their show enough without having to resort to gimmicks will keep them out of the 98pt range and ultimately out of the gold.

3) 97.05 Blue Devs Last year saw lower scoring overall from all corps compared to some years prior - I don't think it had to do with judging, I think it had to do with shows at the top being of lower quality overall - Blue Devs included - which deflated scores of the corps below the top. I have a feeling this year's BD show will be similar to last year's in the way that Crown 2014 was similar to 2013. I don't think it will work enough to stay in the top 2, and every corps has years in which they fall a bit, and it's about time for BD to have a turn. I also think their staff is trying to search for a new path - the minimalist period, starting with 2010 and culminating with the Fellini show, was working well, but other corps are starting to change the game and this staff is experimenting with trying to keep this corps new and fresh in order to keep up with new competition.

4) 95.05 Crown No reason really that I put them down this low, I just have a feeling the show won't be cohesive enough to contend - although I think the music will be great, perhaps the visual program won't be. I also predict that they will be 5th heading into Finals weekend, and will edge out SCV on Finals night.

5) 94.85 Vanguard I wasn't impressed with last year's show, although I really did love the concept. Problems with the visual program and a weak brass section kept them below the tier they were aiming for. Back this season with a simple theme, enough material to work with to keep the program fresh and original, should give the members a show to keep them from falling further. Although I don't think the show will really work well enough to contend for a medal, I think this type of show is a step in the right direction to keep the corps pushing for higher standards.

6) 93.95 Blue Knights This corps is continuing their growth with a very demanding program. They will remain 6th but with a much higher score - nothing to be ashamed of - they are putting themselves into a position to catapult - especially if they can start drawing good members from the west.

7) 91.95 Blue Stars Yup. Picking a real nice show here and I think this staff is ready to put this corps to the test - and they have Ford back as drill writer, I think this will be an excellent show - the best one since 2010 Houdini - and also the biggest jump in score from year to year from any corps in a long time.

8) 91.55 Scouts - Fan favorites as always, they're going to rock it with a nice theatrical program, the type they haven't done in quite a while - I also think they will head into Finals weekend ahead of Blue Stars but will falter to their better designed visual program.

9) 90.85 Phantom - Will be a better show than last season. I'm actually looking forward to it - I think it will be a great show compared to last season and a step in the right direction - however, the corps ahead of them will have a slightly better product from a slightly better staff.

10) 88.8 Cavaliers - Ouch. I don't know where this design staff is headed - or if they even know themselves - How is this show going to work??? This is reminding me of the "Secret Society" show, and also the "Protest" show from the Crossmen a couple years back - kind of a play on politics, and I'm really not sure I like it - not having faith in this one at all.

11) 87.9 Troopers - Heck yes - this is going to be a good one. Back in Finals with an emotional and well designed program, performed by a corps who is motivated and going to be giving it their all.

12) 86.8 Academy - Heh. This staff had thought "What the heck is it going to take to get us into the Promised Land?" So they threw away their playbook and just went for something - and DCI has a funny way of rewarding corps that entertain well over a period of time.

13) 84.9 Boston - I think it's a great choice of a theme - I'm just not convinced this staff really knows how to "put on a show" - and "putting on a show" with a theme like this is imperative for it to work. It's going to wear thin in many places and the judges aren't going to reward it at all. Sorry, BAC. :(

14) 84.25 Colts - Too bad - last year they had such a great program - and I really wanted to put them in Finals this season- however, I don't think this will be the year. Academy is bringing something to the table that will keep them ahead of Colts and Boston most of the season.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

I have been waiting for Bluecoats to come out with their show title, but since they aren't going to before the 1st competition, I suppose I'll have to go ahead and make my placement predictions now.

1) 98.45 Bluecoats. I think they are taking a page out of Crown's book and going for something new and fresh. They are going to pull out all the stops, and I think it's going to work enough for the win, seeing as how I believe this is still going to be a down year for many corps.

2) 97.2 Cadets Strong, central theme, original creative concept, talented members will push this corps back into a medal - however, problems with incorporating the theme into their show enough without having to resort to gimmicks will keep them out of the 98pt range and ultimately out of the gold.

3) 97.05 Blue Devs Last year saw lower scoring overall from all corps compared to some years prior - I don't think it had to do with judging, I think it had to do with shows at the top being of lower quality overall - Blue Devs included - which deflated scores of the corps below the top. I have a feeling this year's BD show will be similar to last year's in the way that Crown 2014 was similar to 2013. I don't think it will work enough to stay in the top 2, and every corps has years in which they fall a bit, and it's about time for BD to have a turn. I also think their staff is trying to search for a new path - the minimalist period, starting with 2010 and culminating with the Fellini show, was working well, but other corps are starting to change the game and this staff is experimenting with trying to keep this corps new and fresh in order to keep up with new competition.

4) 95.05 Crown No reason really that I put them down this low, I just have a feeling the show won't be cohesive enough to contend - although I think the music will be great, perhaps the visual program won't be. I also predict that they will be 5th heading into Finals weekend, and will edge out SCV on Finals night.

5) 94.85 Vanguard I wasn't impressed with last year's show, although I really did love the concept. Problems with the visual program and a weak brass section kept them below the tier they were aiming for. Back this season with a simple theme, enough material to work with to keep the program fresh and original, should give the members a show to keep them from falling further. Although I don't think the show will really work well enough to contend for a medal, I think this type of show is a step in the right direction to keep the corps pushing for higher standards.

6) 93.95 Blue Knights This corps is continuing their growth with a very demanding program. They will remain 6th but with a much higher score - nothing to be ashamed of - they are putting themselves into a position to catapult - especially if they can start drawing good members from the west.

7) 91.95 Blue Stars Yup. Picking a real nice show here and I think this staff is ready to put this corps to the test - and they have Ford back as drill writer, I think this will be an excellent show - the best one since 2010 Houdini - and also the biggest jump in score from year to year from any corps in a long time.

8) 91.55 Scouts - Fan favorites as always, they're going to rock it with a nice theatrical program, the type they haven't done in quite a while - I also think they will head into Finals weekend ahead of Blue Stars but will falter to their better designed visual program.

9) 90.85 Phantom - Will be a better show than last season. I'm actually looking forward to it - I think it will be a great show compared to last season and a step in the right direction - however, the corps ahead of them will have a slightly better product from a slightly better staff.

10) 88.8 Cavaliers - Ouch. I don't know where this design staff is headed - or if they even know themselves - How is this show going to work??? This is reminding me of the "Secret Society" show, and also the "Protest" show from the Crossmen a couple years back - kind of a play on politics, and I'm really not sure I like it - not having faith in this one at all.

11) 87.9 Troopers - Heck yes - this is going to be a good one. Back in Finals with an emotional and well designed program, performed by a corps who is motivated and going to be giving it their all.

12) 86.8 Academy - Heh. This staff had thought "What the heck is it going to take to get us into the Promised Land?" So they threw away their playbook and just went for something - and DCI has a funny way of rewarding corps that entertain well over a period of time.

13) 84.9 Boston - I think it's a great choice of a theme - I'm just not convinced this staff really knows how to "put on a show" - and "putting on a show" with a theme like this is imperative for it to work. It's going to wear thin in many places and the judges aren't going to reward it at all. Sorry, BAC. :(

14) 84.25 Colts - Too bad - last year they had such a great program - and I really wanted to put them in Finals this season- however, I don't think this will be the year. Academy is bringing something to the table that will keep them ahead of Colts and Boston most of the season.

BAC Theme/production choices have been great over the past several years (IMO).

Staff They know how to put on a show/production (BAC would of not made changes in staff if they were not needed). Over all design and equipment changes etc, will surprise a lot of people this year (IMO). They are further along than they were last year as planed by staff. IMO overall GE scores alone will bring them up from were they place last year (prop issues and field coverage mainly) IMO.

From what I've seen, Cadets are developing the theme artistically and not as blatant as in the past (aka cheese). New designers AND George seems to be away from the process (out raising money). Good thing for Cadets.

IMO top 4 will be dynamite so comes down to theme and design.

I'm assuming you haven't seen crown if you're putting them 4th. Also like, I think everyone should hold off on crowning the Bluecoats yet. We haven't seen anything from them yet

• Like 1

I'm assuming you haven't seen crown if you're putting them 4th. Also like, I think everyone should hold off on crowning the Bluecoats yet. We haven't seen anything from them yet

Who cares if you've seen someone. Its a prediction just like college basketball and football throwing out top 25 before the seasons. You know Alabama (BD) will be at the top but no clue who the rest will be. I don't understand the need to call people crazy and judge their prediction when they place a group out in their prediction. I'm pretty sure nobody is ever right with these every year and there are hundreds.

I've seen Cadets and Crown from vids and would consider them both highly competitive. They are both doing what they need to do to contend IMO. I've seen nothing from Bloo but I'm sure they'll have all their pieces in place and then there's BD.

As always, it's not how great they play horns, drums, toss rifles etc BUT the consistency and cohesiveness of their design. Honestly the vids I've seen from Cadets and the one from Crown blow my mind. At some levels, mid July performance. (Cadets-brass&percussion)

(Crown-brass&guard).