What champions went undefeated the whole season.

Pre DCI I think perhaps the 70 Troopers went undefeated.

But from DCI period (1972) onward it's mostly been Blue Devils.

BD 1982, 1994, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014 - 6 total

The Cadets 2000 (never lost a show, but Cavaliers did tie them in the end for the title)

The Cavaliers 2002

That's it to my knowledge.

• The Cadets 1983 had a shot, but lost in semi-finals before winning Finals.
  • BD 1986 almost did it, but lost their first show
  • BD 1988 almost did it, but after going undefeated all season then lost to Madison at semifinals, and to Madison and SCV at Finals.

75 Madison Scouts ?

( actually, just checked.. 75 Madison Scouts lost in a Prelims show to SCV... only blemish that season )

Some argue that prelim losses are not official losses? I've heard that argument maybe about Cadets 1983--did they lose once in prelims? Sorry too lazy to check at the moment...

Some argue that prelim losses are not official losses? I've heard that argument maybe about Cadets 1983--did they lose once in prelims? Sorry too lazy to check at the moment...

I have never been able to figure that argument out.

That's like saying a college football team's one regular-season loss is not an "official" loss... only their loss in a bowl game is official. LOL

A loss is a loss.

Heck... by the "not official loss" argument, every corps should be in Finals... since their Prelims loss didn't count. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

Several "almosts" come to mind, but not many that were able to complete it. Of those "almosts" that haven't been mentioned yet:

1995 Blue Devils (lost in the final week)

1992 Star of Indiana (lost in the final week)

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard (lost in the final week)

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard (lost.....one show that year I think in the first week?)

1989 Phantom Regiment (didn't lose until the final week I think?)

I'm sure there are many others but just can't think of them right now hehe. :tounge2:

75 SCV lost their first and last shows.

Some little former B corps whooped em in San Bruno and then some guys from the Midwest at the end.

The following Corps had Undefeated Seasons ( Junior Corps listed only here ) :

St. Vincent's Cadets ( NJ )......... 1951, 1952.

Chicago Cavaliers ( IL)..................1961 ( and Cavaliers.... 2002 )

Blue Devils ( Calif. )......................1982... 1994.... 2009....2010....2012..... 2014.

So many Corps ( close to a dozen or more) from the 50's to today, had only 1, 2 losses in a season ( Boston Crusaders were 27-2 from 1967- 1968, for just an example). At least 5 other Corps had just 1 loss seasons too. Thats why the Undefeated Seasons are rare, and why they are so special, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

• The Cadets 1983 had a shot, but lost in semi-finals before winning Finals.

What corps do you know won semi-finals...only to loose the championship the next night?

What corps do you know won semi-finals...only to loose the championship the next night?

BD 08? ;)

• Like 1