July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

I'm still waiting for pearl harbor

Weren't they going to do that before Hopkins decided to go full on Christmas on us? (Not that I'm complaining, I love that show)

• Like 1

So far, I'm digging his year. I've only been to one show live. I was lucky to be in CA last week and saw BD, SVC, Phantom and BK. all just wonderful. Saw Cadets at their preview show at Denison. Boston tonight and Coats on YouTube. Just a great year with fun and different shows. My disappointment is that the video feed, at least on my computer, is awful. All pixels. Not at all clear. Definitely feels like a step or two backward.

I was in 720p all night with a three second buffer during troopers, otherwise a flawless night. So far have had no real issues with this year's broadcasts...knock on wood

• Like 1

"Dancers wear dancers belts"

OK, time for me to weigh in. Crown has been having male marching members wear dancers belts since last year. They didn't ALL wear them in 2013, some did. Personally, I think they look better WITHOUT them. (The male guard members have probably worn them forever), I know this because I help with the sewing and part of what we do is distribute all the uniform parts to the members. There is no way around the fact that male marchers have what they have. Tight pants or stretchy pants are going to show it. Back in the pleated pants days, things didn't show because pants were not tight across that part of the body. I can also predict that stretchy pants are the wave of the future, for a lot of reasons. Whether people like it or not, there is going to be more and more dance (aka body movement) in the shows. These pants make all that so much easier for the performers. They are also a breeze to launder, and they don't have to be pressed. They are also much easier to alter. Laundering uniforms now takes only a fraction of the time it used to take (and we don't have to scrub the mud out of those cream pants anymore, either!! :)

Edited by Crowncontramom
  • Like 3

Will this prop war ever end? Throw out the props, the pits, electronics, the dancing, and now the singing and go back to the shows like Boston senior's doing. I'm half serious. These shows are becoming so overblown and tedious. Less is more.

Edited by 27Socal

If BD wins, Cadets and Crown will be very close. SCV was just 1.4 away from BD at their last show. I think Cadets and Crown are a bit better than SCV right now (except for in drums) but we shall see.

If BD wins, Cadets and Crown will be very close. SCV was just 1.4 away from BD at their last show. I think Cadets and Crown are a bit better than SCV right now (except for in drums) but we shall see.

I saw the CA shows too..

SCV Was by far my favorite show and performance.

• Like 2