July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

Nice to read what Hopkins authorized to be posted on the public Cadets web today:

After the show The Cadets enjoyed a light snack, in which they were joined by members of The Blue Devils, Carolina Crown, and Boston Crusaders for a night (of) reunions and beginnings of new friendships.

• Like 1

Nice to read what Hopkins authorized to be posted on the public Cadets web today:

After the show The Cadets enjoyed a light snack, in which they were joined by members of The Blue Devils, Carolina Crown, and Boston Crusaders for a night (of) reunions and beginnings of new friendships.

OH NO!!!!! Hop has an ulterior motive to poison all the other corps so Cadets can win!!! :doh:

• Like 3

OH NO!!!!! Hop has an ulterior motive to poison all the other corps so Cadets can win!!! :doh:

:muahaha::giljotiini::fight::lol:

Well, the last time DCI held finals at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, the two big complaints were 1. the cost of parking and 2. the elevator bell. It's good to not read anything so far about last nights East Coast Classic.

Quite a show last night! Anyone from that top 3 could have received the highest score with no complaints from here. Can't imagine how to judge such a group, when one tenth difference can change so much. I do believe Blue Devils are more vulnerable this season. Cadets are really solid, and Crown has upped its game for sure. Haven't seen Bluecoats or Vanguard. Mind boggling to realize all will improve over the coming weeks!

Great post. This is truly how we all ought to see the top 5 for this year. I'm pulling for my local corps to take it all (Bluecoats), but I am enjoying everyone of the top 5. Can't wait to see BD and SCV live. Crown, Cadets, and Coats live is a treat.

With Carolina I get my ears blown down and I get powerful classical music and a fantastic guard.

With Cadets I get a monster drill package with major demand in the music book and some Shostakovich 10th Symphony.

With Bluecoats I get the most modern looking show I've ever seen, great minimalist music, awesome staging, and powerful brass and drums.

From the views on DCI Live I'd say Blue Devils are somewhat similar to Bluecoats in design, and SCV is similar to Crown. The Cadets kind of look more traditional with some modernism in the ballad and waltz.

At this point any of these corps can win. That is fun. And by the way, I think the competition that is ensuing at the 6 - 15 spots, and even further down, is going to be even more exciting than the top 5.

• Like 4

With Boston's improvements, they have become my sentimental favorite in the 6-12 group. They might just surprise a few corps as they ascend. And much credit and a BIG shout-out to the Crossmen who are keeping pace with Boston.

Poison is not the preferred choice in DCI Corps. It needs to be sorcery, swords, etc and the like. ( haha!)

• Like 1

Hmm. Interesting how many people called BD dirty and yet they won visual handily. Cadets seem to have the hardest drill and their scores show it. They just need to clean and they'll be in good shape!

Let's be honest with ourselves, seeing who was judging visual... we could have easily listed Colorguard 1, Colorguard 2, Colorguard 3 as the captions last night.

Is there any attention paid to anything else in the activity seeing the folks who are at the helm? #yeahrightno

lol i can picture the bristol parade on saturday now: members from all the other corps strewn all over the parade route passed out in the street.

the cadets merrily marching over them (while staying in step of course)

hop wearing a surgical mask walking along the corps.

it's Game of Thrones - Drum Corps Edition!

CANT

WAIT !!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 3

lol i can picture the bristol parade on saturday now: members from all the other corps strewn all over the parade route passed out in the street.

the cadet merrily marching over them (while staying in step of course)

hop wearing a surgical mask walking along the corps.

it's Game of Thrones - Drum Corps Edition!

CANT

WAIT !!

Lol for the win.