July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

As a newby, I'm curious how George Hopkins Director of The Cadets gets lots of comments here but I have yet to read anything about any of the other corps directors. Is there a reason for that? Are the others less visible, accessible, or perhaps post less on twitter?

As a newby, I'm curious how George Hopkins Director of The Cadets gets lots of comments here but I have yet to read anything about any of the other corps directors. Is there a reason for that? Are the others less visible, accessible, or perhaps post less on twitter?

I dont think any other directors post publicly like this. I'm sure there are a couple exceptions, but Hopkins is the one who always puts himself out there, for better or for worse.

• Like 1

George loves being the center of attention. He can't help it.

George loves being the center of attention. He can't help it.

I suppose so but I can think of one thing in particular he loves more. Inspiring youth to take a "carpe diem" attitude to all phases of their lives and spend their time on earth doing something extraordinary, especially beyond DCI. It's not merely about catching spinning rifles to him; it's much bigger than that and he never lets any of us forget the goal.

Won't need food tampering to win. We have enough extreme sore throats right now where those guys could be unleashed to be extra huggy with the BD, Crown, and Bluecoats. One of them can write, can't talk, and he still marches. Tough as nails.

I suppose so but I can think of one thing in particular he loves more. Inspiring youth to take a "carpe diem" attitude to all phases of their lives and spend their time on earth doing something extraordinary, especially beyond DCI. It's not merely about catching spinning rifles to him; it's much bigger than that and he never lets any of us forget the goal.

Won't need food tampering to win. We have enough extreme sore throats right now where those guys could be unleashed to be extra huggy with the BD, Crown, and Bluecoats. One of them can write, can't talk, and he still marches. Tough as nails.

That's what Cadets need! The Typhoid Mary Brigade!

• Like 1

Classic!!

I know I'll be the odd man out, but I have been thinking that would be the case for some time now. They're really strong.

Considering their book, IMO they're the best Cadets hornline at this time of year since maybe 2007. I'm amused that for now they have a shot at the Ott. Come close a few times, but no cigar since 2005.