July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

Some poster earlier. I don't remember who.

Seems to be a few random people who poke their head in here to ##### about stuff they see on the broadcast, are not on DCP otherwise and so say irrelevant things about synth volume, audience reaction, corps energy, and endings the rest of us know are going to be replaced soon. Waste of my time trying to weed through them to get to some thoughtful reviews.

• Like 2

I personally found Cadets' line in 2013 to sound better than the one this year.

I personally found Cadets' line in 2013 to sound better than the one this year.

Yeah, that's up there with their best all time hornlines. I reached back to 2007 because I thought it was of similar difficulty in terms of variety of style, speed, and number of notes.

Hmm. Interesting how many people called BD dirty and yet they won visual handily. Cadets seem to have the hardest drill and their scores show it. They just need to clean and they'll be in good shape!

Really surprised by Brass scores but good job by the Cadets! they just made the Ott race even more interesting than it already was!

Crown outperforming GE, not a good sign. They need to add stuff in or they'll fall behind. By the way, I absolutely hate what they did with the end of Dies Irae. Runs for runs sake. That moment lost all impact.

Both BD and Cadets need to lay off the synth. That brass judge must have some nice ears to hear past it.

Yeah just looking at numbers, Cadets are in a very good position to clean up and achieve their book/content, especially visually but also musically as an ensemble.

Here are all the content and achievement numbers added up:

BD 656 644 (+12 for content)

Cadets 656 631 (+25 for content)

Crown 643 636 (+7 for content)

So perhaps BD was the cleanest corps of the night, then Crown, then Cadets. But perhaps Cadets and BD have tops in content.

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Like 1

I posted a full review of this show on the review thread this morning...if anyone has any interest at all....

• Like 2

Why does it amuse you that they have a chance?

It was a nice surprise last night given all of the.....Ott will come down to BD and Crown suggestions based on watch one low quality webcast :music:

OMG you have got to be kidding. This is getting old judges! Some one please recognize standing and playing and moving and playing in the rep or vocabulary! it so obvious that there is a disconnect. Its a marching activity not a concert activity.

OMG you have got to be kidding. This is getting old judges! Some one please recognize standing and playing and moving and playing in the rep or vocabulary! it so obvious that there is a disconnect. Its a marching activity not a concert activity.

hmmmmm didnt we have the concert portion of shows for many decades? entire numbers?