Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

Having been a marching member, instructional staff, and support staff for about, oh, 35 years, I'd say that Sutamom has as much right to wear that moniker as anyone who marched. Sutamom, I can't tell you how proud I am of your son/daughter who is a marching member of OUR organization. This season has hopefully proven to the design staff that a fresh approach is necessary for the competitive health of the organization. I'm a firm believer in "it's all about the journey" and if that journey happens to put you ahead of certain competitors then it makes the end result that much sweeter. I'm not going to sit here and call one opinion or another crap because everyone is entitled to their own take on things but there's a fine line between constructive criticism and just bashing. I suggest to those folks who have the corps' best interest at heart...GET INVOLVED. Make that change happen. Don't sit behind a keyboard and complain....put your enthusiasm to work and effect change.

SUTA

• Like 9

Having been a marching member, instructional staff, and support staff for about, oh, 35 years, I'd say that Sutamom has as much right to wear that moniker as anyone who marched. Sutamom, I can't tell you how proud I am of your son/daughter who is a marching member of OUR organization. This season has hopefully proven to the design staff that a fresh approach is necessary for the competitive health of the organization. I'm a firm believer in "it's all about the journey" and if that journey happens to put you ahead of certain competitors then it makes the end result that much sweeter. I'm not going to sit here and call one opinion or another crap because everyone is entitled to their own take on things but there's a fine line between constructive criticism and just bashing. I suggest to those folks who have the corps' best interest at heart...GET INVOLVED. Make that change happen. Don't sit behind a keyboard and complain....put your enthusiasm to work and effect change.

SUTA

Well said!

Please baby Jesus tell me when anyone had said anything derogatory about the members?

Using your logic, we'd end up in Timbuktu.

BAC is just an acronym for Boston area Crusaders. SUTA is for members only, earned through sweat and tears. Only members and alumni have earned the right to use that term and should be the only ones saying it.

Did you march regiment?

Speaking of being respectful, did you earn the right to use that acronym?

Absolutely clueless!

Just proves a PHD (or a wanna be) doesn't mean you are an expert on everything. In fact, sometimes I am convinced that the quest for higher education clouds one's vision, causing the clouded to think they have superior intellect when it comes to some of the simplest and easy to understand instances of common sense and civilities. Perhaps it's just keyboard "muscles". I would LOVE to be witness to a face to face conversation between the 4 year marching member, a PR staff person and this person. Actually, that would be overkill, I'm sure SUTAMom could handle things by herself quite easily. :glare:

• Like 2

Thank you, Plan. Redefining & refining are the mark of many a successful venture, so agree with your take. Reading your reply gave me an idea for a show....VITRIOL....think of the music that could hammer that theme home. This is art, and interpreting is the nature of the beast. Remembering there are human beings providing the fodder for discussion remains essential...when one member marches, entire families are invested.

Nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to read this thread or forum. You want to censor posts so all you see is sunshine? It would make for a horribly boring place that I'd stop reading. I want to see a robust discussion of all viewpoints. This overly sensitive stuff is overdone by the politicians. We don't need that here. So tell me, for a corps with such a long and glorious history of excellence and competitive success, why are you satisfied with a 7th or 8th place season?

• Like 2

Absolutely clueless!

Just proves a PHD (or a wanna be) doesn't mean you are an expert on everything. In fact, sometimes I am convinced that the quest for higher education clouds one's vision, causing the clouded to think they have superior intellect when it comes to some of the simplest and easy to understand instances of common sense and civilities. Perhaps it's just keyboard "muscles". I would LOVE to be witness to a face to face conversation between the 4 year marching member, a PR staff person and this person. Actually, that would be overkill, I'm sure SUTAMom could handle things by herself quite easily. :glare:

Lol. You couldn't be farther from the truth. Bless your heart for trying to win a intellectual battle that only exists in your mind. This website really is as much of a joke as I heard it was. The only thing that's clueless is your response. Once you can actually assemble a cogent counter argument about how I'm clueless, do come back to try again.

I've already had those type of conversations with people at Regiment. ;)

Edited by phd-student-TTU

Sutamom has hit the nail on the head. I find a PHD sometimes tend to have their head in he clouds and what they have to say is way up there floating around in the atmosphere. A big thank you again for sutamom for telling it like it is and should be.

• Like 1

I think we should discredit someone based on their arguments, not their credentials. As much as I disagree with PHD, let's not hold his username against him.

• Like 2