Duelling Decisions in DeKalb

I think the fact that their closer almost totally fell apart tonight. They had numerous sound issues with electronics. Felt just like a very weak performance from them. Still very surprised PR is within a point of them, even with a bad show.

Agreed. I noticed the issues, but didn't see or hear anything related to the basic levels of design and performance that would justify Regiment having closed the gap, much less beating Cavaliers. Had no problems with the other placements/spreads, but that one is a mystery.

Compared to yesterday, these scores seem totally f**ked up. I'm kind of new to this. Am i wrong?

Agreed. I noticed the issues, but didn't see or hear anything related to the basic levels of design and performance that would justify Regiment having closed the gap, much less beating Cavaliers. Had no problems with the other placements/spreads, but that one is a mystery.

disagree

If PR didn't beat the cavaliers tonight, I would have lost faith in the judges.

Cavaliers were a HOT MESS. Their performance issues were bigger than their design advantage over PR's cheesiness. Now, assuming they perform better from here on, I think we will back to what you're used to score wise.

scores all seemed to make sense to me tonight

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 2

I think you need only see the spreads between content - achievement tonight to see who should be worried and who needs to simply clean. Some great numbers for some corps that didn't win tonight that foretell their future potential.

Looking at BD, Cadets, Crown, and SCV -- they all have almost the same content-achievement (all captions together). BD and Cadets content scores are almost equal (again summed across all captions), then Crown down a point from that, and SCV down another 0.5 (using the raw numbers, not normalized to 100).

Man, BD must have finally got some practice in!

• Like 5

BD:

Wins GE Visual

Wins GE Total

Wins Visual Total (tie; but no single Visual caption)

Wins Music Analysis

Wins Music Total.

For captions they didn't win, they won content for Guard and Percussion, and won achievement in Brass.

Cadets:

Wins GE Music

Wins Visual Proficiency

Wins Visual Total (tie)

Wins Percussion

For captions they didn't win, they won content for Visual Analysis and Music Analysis.

Crown:

Wins Guard

Wins Brass

Also wins achievement in Visual Analysis.

SCV:

Won no captions, but were tops in GE Visual Content.

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Like 1