I love their ballad (I've played "Into the Woods" a number of times) - love the original song and how BD's version was arranged.

However, I might be the only one who thinks there isn't a big enough development of the section pre-solo and post-solo. It's like the solo (which is amazing, BTW) states the theme, and then BAM - the shout chorus is in your face already.

Again, love the ballad, and just a minor observation.

I agree. The ballad is the weak point of the show right now IMHO. New ending is going in this week, and then I'm hoping that they focus on the ballad.

Okay,

Bluecoats, you are very good.

That being said, there is just too much electronic use. Speakers on the field, sampling horns...

It's entertaining, but this was my worst nightmare when electronics became usable.

This is completely detracting from the beautiful and powerful horn line they have fielded this year.

This is just how I see/hear things.

Am I truly alone?

I hope they use even more when they put their new ending on. Incredible use of electronics that can only be truly experienced live.

• Like 2

Maybe I have to see it live, but Bloo seems to lag in visual GE.

Okay,

That being said, there is just too much electronic use. Speakers on the field, sampling horns...

It's entertaining, but this was my worst nightmare when electronics became usable.

This is completely detracting from the beautiful and powerful horn line they have fielded this year.

Am I truly alone?

Yes. Yes you are.

• Like 3

I disagree. Heard a nice gliss before..... not REAL gliss, just an off centered pitch. And yes, It's Mid July. It's a choke.

Okay,

Am I truly alone?

No you are not alone.

I found BC kinda boring myself. Way too much electronics.

It was really distracting to me personally. I want drum corps with as little electronics as possible.

Did the graphic say "American Portrait" instead of "Power of 10"?

Did the graphic say "American Portrait" instead of "Power of 10"?

For the third broadcast this year….

• Like 1

IDK, I prefer last year. It had more energy and development. This kind of stays at one level from beginning today end. I like it but don't love it.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you. The only word I could think of on my first viewing was "intensity." There are layers upon layers in this show and timing challenges that are insane.