I wonder how much diaphragmic exercise they do to play loud, in tune, and on one leg with the other extended back in a lift.

I went to their rehearsal Wichita KS on Sunday and they spent a lot of time during sectionals doing breathing exercises. They seemed to practice the leg thing on everything! They applied it to everthing during their warm up. They played a world without pants like ten or so times while they are bringing their leg up and down every four counts. The only thing that sucked about that rehearsal is it was a level 3 day :(

Edited by derek.smith

Some quick snapshots before I hit the pillow:

Phantom.... nice music and show, but it seems like a rehash of songs, drill they have played before, just a redo on the arrangements.

Cavaliers.... I really like their music this year, and there are some nice moments drill wise here and there.

Crown..... I like the music with Crown too, this year. Visual design is subpar to the top tier Corps. Strength is Guard.

SCV.... absolutely loved their Visual design... music had moments, but just ok in some spots...

Bluecoats.... soloist struggled a bit tonite... liked the show, but the closer fell flat, wanted more for their closer.

Blue Devils... they are so solid across the board. I really like their music and arrangements. Visual is creative. Like Bluecoats, their closer will not win them a DCI Title, imo. I said it last week. They have got to change that ending as it takes away from what is a great design otherwise, imo

Cadets...... They are my pick to win it all this year. I have been very consistent with this almost from week one. They have the the right mix of superior visual design and the music fits it to a t. Show flows seemlessly, and better than any other right now, Guard is improving. If Cadets don't win it this year, BD will

Now off to bed...

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

OMG come on GE judges-----7 groups and you tie in sub captions and more than once! Wow, Sly is not afraid to tell BD what he thinks is he! It does show lots of bias in the judging community!

Kemp is a huge BD hack. They should not be over Cadets in GE Visual. Dam I would have SCV over BD in visual.

Not really surprised with Bloo over Crown tonight in guard, with the run Crownguard had tonight I don't see that lasting. If Crowns guard had better run I think Crown would have been either tied with Bloo or very very close.This is definitely a treat to see the top 5 battle so hard this year. No one is safe, Saturday is going to be great to watch.

How would Crown having a better guard run move their overall score up 0.8 to beat Bluecoats?