I second the comments on Vanguard's visual program. I everything after the ballad new or at least updated with a TON of visuals, I don't remember that much going on when I saw it on DCI west. It's absolutely mesmerizing.

REALLY glad to say that I'm excited to see SCV live. They sounded IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE last night.

• Like 1

REALLY glad to say that I'm excited to see SCV live. They sounded IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE last night.

This is a REALLY good show, I think it's a darkhorse to really scare some people, once the back 4th gets cleaned with all that new stuff, they're gonna jump. Again, enjoy it more for me live since I can't see anyone this year.................

• Like 2

How in Dante Inferno's name did the Blue Devils not win this show tonight. They sounded absoltely amazing.

My apologies to anyone I'm offending, but if I had to pick the Cadets or Blue Devils to showcase DCI, it would be the Blue Devils. No disrespect to the Cadets, mind you. It's just that if it was only one corps/one show between the 2 of them, it would be BD.

Tonight is just another example of judges not scoring what they see and hear when they see and hear it. Performance order still is an influencer of the overall show outcome.

Do I hear sour grapes???

• Like 1

Crappy numbers management is so typical for these TOC shows. Going to take these results with a grain of salt. San Antonio will probably give the best look at how these corps really stack up in terms of spreads.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Its easy to sound amazing when your standing still. Its the marching arts---not the standing arts, is it not?

Both statements are correct. All the corps at this show have good visual packages this year that require a good amount of movement. Not sure what you're trying to get at here?

Both statements are correct. All the corps at this show have good visual packages this year that require a good amount of movement. Not sure what you're trying to get at here?

Exactly. Each corps deserves respect for what they're doing because they're all showing us their different "personalities" and helping us to appreciate the diversity of style.