One year I lost my girlfriend June in August. I cried for 2 weeks.

But then April came along in Sept, and I quickly forgot about June.

What about May?

Garry in Redlands

That guard score should eliminate any of the bias against Bluecoats BS. They have been historically weak in Visual which she judges, and they are a lot better this year, hence better scores from her.

Yeah I apologize, I looked back at the captions last year and it was GE that she killed us with. She actually scored our guard great last year. Duh.

I figured I'd get something to the effect of me being a homer, instead of an actual response...Honestly I think The Cadets are ahead of Bloo right now

But it was the correct response.

I went to their rehearsal Wichita KS on Sunday and they spent a lot of time during sectionals doing breathing exercises. They seemed to practice the leg thing on everything! They applied it to everthing during their warm up. They played a world without pants like ten or so times while they are bringing their leg up and down every four counts. The only thing that sucked about that rehearsal is it was a level 3 day :(

That's pretty marvelous to learn actually. You can see its paying off in spades in the performance on field not just in that moment of Woods but all around in their control of the brass sound as they play.

One brass judge had Cadets 5th in achievement. Guard was 5th. They need to get those scores up.

Agreed about guard, but Cadets were 3rd in brass achievement...?

EDIT -- Oh, I see, there was a 3-way tie for 2nd in brass achievement...

Edited by chris ncsu

I'm usually one to give judges the benefit of the doubt, but COME ON already with the sub-caption ties!!! Ridic!

Perhaps if the boxes ALLOWED for August 8th points, there would be more room to spread them out. After all, these are probably the five that will occupy those positions on finals night. Why must we artificially start scores in June in the 50s and 60s and strive for 100 at finals? Why not apply the finals values right from week one (as we did with ticks) ? A corps hitting a high-water mark on June 25th would be helpful information. We use the box values to artificially demonstrate how much each corps has improved over the season...... That is really not needed. An instructional staff would gain much more from the caption scores of the boxes were worth the same value at every show, every week..... there would still be fluctuations and changing gaps based on the corps at the show..... last night would have been condensed and tighter (as they were) ........ not so much Saturday at the Alamo !

Best drum corps night on television I had so far this season. Vastly improved audio/visual product brought into my living room. If I could, I'd already be watching again right now. Sure hope there's a solution coming.

Said it many times, the advancing development of this art form is making a stationary seat in the grandstand inadequate on certain levels. Two vastly different experiences.

Hat tip to Santa Clara Vanguard. Their visual work is a definite standout. Magnificant use of electronic special effects, too.

Sonos Perfectus !

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1