ALLENTOWN - Day 2

I gotta admit, as much I respect their members and staff and amazing product placed on that field each night, their fans and Homers are absolute trash. Sorry, not sorry.

With personal attacks being against the guidelines, I've never understood why it is considered OK to attack the characters of entire groups of people.

• Like 2

I do know the Cadets, and I do know the organization, certainly not as much as someone who has had the privilege to march with them. I have loved them for more than a third of a century, and have the highest respect for them.

Stated flatly, I do NOT think it's ALL about the winning. Emphasis, ALL.

It IS all about excellence, and if every marching member and every staff member and every support person who tries to achieve personal and group excellence, then winning is not the goal. It is the result.

My question for you: Has Mr. Hopkins try to achieve excellence in every way, to give the Cadets the best chance to win?

If he does, then I think we all agree. :cool:

OF COURSE! But I'm sure that's true of EVERY corps which is why he emphasizes that people who's sole goal is to win shouldn't march Cadets. Any given year, there are great corps who are trying to win. Take the past 15 years for example. If he or the corps was ALL about winning, do you really think they would have risked putting out the type of shows they put out in the last 15 years?

• Like 3

Every corps wants to win. The aspect of learning something wonderful is also very big. I really like what I am seeing in the marching activity as a whole. NO not everything is drum and bugle corps but things are getting very good again in music programs and drum corps is playing a very big part in that!

• Like 2

How about they wear the black for quarters and semi's and the old uniforms at finals? George are you listening? No charge for this one.

why can't you just embrace the Dark Side of the Force like they have

27Socal, on 01 Aug 2015 - 9:36 PM, said:snapback.png

Good point. AND who the judging panel is on finals night. Really need to have 3 judges averaged in each caption. There have been some ridiculous spreads many times this year between 2 judges in the same caption. Maybe one of them suddenly had a seizure for half a show that caused them to temporarily go deaf or blind. Fairest way is to go back to tics for the tear down captions and put a stop to this nonsense.

No, not ridiculous. In fact, that is a predictable result, a desirable result.

You have two different judges with TWO sets of eyes, looking at DIFFERENT parts of the show. If they both agreed exactly, then I would have to join the Crazy Conspiracy Theory Club on DCP . :ph34r:

And I don't wanna do that. :cool:

Desirable? I don't buy it. They are both at the same show on the same night, looking at the same performance. If the scores are more than 1 or 2 tenths different, there is a competence problem with one of them.

Edited by 27Socal
  • Like 1

Is sad to know that BD, Bloo, Cadets, and Crown all have a championship worthy show but one will not even get a medal

Edited by Limitless
  • Like 3

Desirable? I don't buy it. They are both at the same show on the same night, looking at the same performance. If the scores are more than 1 or 2 tenths different, there is a competence problem with one of them.

100% correct. I don't remember such differences between 2 judges both judging the same thing. The judging system used to be very easy to understand. Today's system is very difficult to understand. Tear it down & start over...& for God sakes,,,please have full judging panels at all shows.

Really? If you think the Cadets or GH are all about winning, then you clearly do not know the organization. I'll leave you with this. When I initially tried out for Cadets, one of the first things he told us (and i'm pretty sure he does this today) is "if you came here to win, you need to go to another drum corps."

And then you won 😎
  • Like 1

How about those Colts? They are rockin' it this summer. They're in 13th place right now with just 1.875 to get to the top 12. The visual is kicking it. BK is doing great however I think it should be noted that in Allentown there was only a .90 difference between them and the Colts in visual. That's pretty cool for the Colts.

Go Red Team :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

• Like 1