ALLENTOWN - Day 2

I've been pretty busy with work for the last week, so I haven't been following drum corps for a couple days. Can anyone tell me the reason behind the change to black for the Cadets? I really dig the look, but just wondering if there is a thematic reason for it?

The underlying reason of the switch for the last ten days is that cadets 2 needed their own identity and brand. A darker and modern version of the traditional cadet uniform suits them well, suites DCA and the darker bibs will help cadets 2 visually. These uniforms will transfer to them after finals

Cadets designers felt the emphasis should be on neon, the tenth element on the periodic chart, and by switching the show color scheme to dark it allows the neon to pop better. Plus it is just cool and fun and suits the music well

The uniforms look gorgeous but it does take a moment to adjust to the change. Cadets will be back in the traditional maroon and gold for 2016.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

I've been pretty busy with work for the last week, so I haven't been following drum corps for a couple days. Can anyone tell me the reason behind the change to black for the Cadets? I really dig the look, but just wondering if there is a thematic reason for it?

I'm not sure the theme revolving around the number 10 can be found in the color of all black... but maybe the Cadets have something up their sleeves ? Otherwise, as near as I can tell, no explanation has been given for the change of their uniforms colors to all Black.... nor if this is now a permanent color change for them.

Holy Name Cadets, Garfield Cadets, The Cadets have never worn the color Black before... let alone all Black. So, for sure, this is a major color change for this Corps from what they have used in uniform colors for well over half a century.

. Cadets will be back in the traditional maroon and gold for 2016.

ok.. thanks George, that explains it.

I think Cadets need to adjust to the new uniforms. Peripheral Visual Perception going from maroon and cream to a sea of stealth bombers requires adjusting.

This is true....the view for being in the right place changes. It may not be a problem at LOS with all that lighting, but on an outdoor field, such as ASD tonight, an individual Cadet may not find his.her spot in unfamiliar surroundings.

A great point for observation and discussion afterwards. We'll see......let's hope no harm.

The underlying reason of the switch for the last ten days is that cadets 2 needed their own identity and brand. A darker and modern version of the traditional cadet uniform suits them well, suites DCA and the darker bibs will help cadets 2 visually. These uniforms will transfer to them after.

The more I read that, and the more I think about Hop's post on the subject, the funnier it gets (their explanation, not you making it).

OMG, I didn't even think of that... has INT been performing a marathon, all-night, all-day show? Those kids will be exhausted. Good thing their drill... and charts... are fairly low intensity.

They play the longest and softest ballad.....have to strain to hear it