1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. SCV

6. BK

7. Madison (I just feel it happening)

8. Phantom

9. BAC (they have surged in finals before, but too much of a gap between PR and BAC)

10. Cavies

11. Crossmen

12. Blue Stars

As I say this, Blue Stars have turned up the heat and surprised everyone. Cavies may have a point to prove, so I'm not going to bet the farm on most of my predictions in this unpredictable year.

• Like 2

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. SCV

6. BK

7. Madison (I just feel it happening)

8. Phantom

9. BAC (they have surged in finals before, but too much of a gap between PR and BAC)

10. Cavies

11. Crossmen

12. Blue Stars

As I say this, Blue Stars have turned up the heat and surprised everyone. Cavies may have a point to prove, so I'm not going to bet the farm on most of my predictions in this unpredictable year.

I drank the blue Kool Aid this year with the star shaped ice cubes and I was really hoping to see the corps improve on its 2014 placement by moving up to 8th or even cracking the top 7. There was a lot of hype and momentum for the Blue Stars this year and it seems very unfulfilled. The members worked hard with what they were given and, I guess, we all should be thankful they are in finals. If they fall to 12th, tonight, there are going to have to be a lot of things reviewed, tweaked, refined, and maybe a new direction for the type of show they are putting on the field next year. I don't foresee a complete exodus of membership talent, like Spirit experienced last year; but, it's going to take a lot to retain their top members from leaving for a top 5 corps.

With all that being said, I sincerely hope the Blue Stars take the field tonight, have their best show of the year, and set the standard for next year. FCO!

Best case scenario:

1. Carolina Crown - GE (all), VP, Guard, MA

2. Blue Devils - VA

3. The Cadets - Brass, Perc

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Knights

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Madison Scouts

9. The Cavaliers

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Stars

12. Crossmen

George Zingali Award (Best Guard): Carolina Crown

Don Brazale Award (Best Visual Performance): Blue Devils

Jim Ott Award (Best Brass): The Cadets

Fred Sanford Award (Best Percussion): The Cadets

Don Angelica Award (Best GE): Carolina Crown

I drank the blue Kool Aid this year with the star shaped ice cubes and I was really hoping to see the corps improve on its 2014 placement by moving up to 8th or even cracking the top 7. There was a lot of hype and momentum for the Blue Stars this year and it seems very unfulfilled. The members worked hard with what they were given and, I guess, we all should be thankful they are in finals. If they fall to 12th, tonight, there are going to have to be a lot of things reviewed, tweaked, refined, and maybe a new direction for the type of show they are putting on the field next year. I don't foresee a complete exodus of membership talent, like Spirit experienced last year; but, it's going to take a lot to retain their top members from leaving for a top 5 corps.

With all that being said, I sincerely hope the Blue Stars take the field tonight, have their best show of the year, and set the standard for next year. FCO!

Bringing the side show front and center was intriguing, and a concept that worked when it worked. Perhaps if there was a big top effect in the background, the darkness and sadness of the side show may have been clearer. Still, while I placed Blue Stars at 12, it was not set in stone. People predicted them out of finals and it didn't happen and they caught people by surprise score wise on quite a few occasions.

• Like 1

Father , Father, Father. Cavies are already 2.1 up on Boston so everyone will feel this gap is also too much to overcome. Since making finals for the first time in 99, this may end up being the first time they had an 86 score.

. There was a lot of hype and momentum for the Blue Stars this year and it seems very unfulfilled. T. I don't foresee a complete exodus of membership talent, like Spirit experienced last year; but, it's going to take a lot to retain their top members from leaving for a top 5 corps.

And here, in unmistakable terms, one should be able to easily grasp what has become the almost intractable pecking order of DCI Drum Corps.

Anybody have further questions on this ?

Father , Father, Father. Cavies are already 2.1 up on Boston so everyone will feel this gap is also too much to overcome. Since making finals for the first time in 99, this may end up being the first time they had an 86 score.

I believe we only have to "abandon hope" if we are a character in Crown's show, so I'm being hopeful regarding Boston Crusaders.

Can't compare scores on the same nite, let alone compare scores from today to many years ago.. like back to 1999. Thats just a silly exercise. Nobody should delude themselves that a BAC Corps that might finish 9-11 tonite with an " 86" or so, is not as talented and as good in performance as a BAC Corps that might have scored higher in 1999, or in the 2000-2010 years time frame or whenever...... Also, the Colts, Academy, Troopers all had low scores this season in the Semi's too. Yet ALL 3 of them would have made Finals however just a few years ago, let alone back a decade, or 2 ago. So don't do this to yourself Ghost on comparing a current score of today back to 1999 or whenever. Its frankly stupid... and having met you ,I know you are a bright and intelligent guy.

Edited by BRASSO