Staff changes 2016

It could be, but it also could be a chance to move in another direction that could lead to a top 12 finalist unit. Let's face it, the last two years have been good programs but not quite good enough to make the top 12. I'll put trust in the Colts management staff to find a good replacement and put together a great brass book for the students to succeed at.

It would go without saying, Dad, that for the Colts, I hope that your optimism is well-placed. I absolutely ABHOR seeing a group of kids bust their butts all summer long, nearly reach the exalted level...only to fall "just" short. Though a Troop fan, I will never have less than the greatest hopes for all the Corps. And yes...that includes the Colts.

It would go without saying, Dad, that for the Colts, I hope that your optimism is well-placed. I absolutely ABHOR seeing a group of kids bust their butts all summer long, nearly reach the exalted level...only to fall "just" short. Though a Troop fan, I will never have less than the greatest hopes for all the Corps. And yes...that includes the Colts.

I agree with you on all accounts! I don't know whose decision it was, Chuck's or the Colts, but I think they have built a very strong management base at the Colts (from what I have seen the last two years) and I am holding out faith in that group to find someone that will continue to lead them forward and not take a step backwards. I think the programs the last two years have been great for the students to perform, but falling just short two years in a row may have them leaning in another direction to hopefully get them over the hump!

Crossmen need a better horn book, IMO... when you play the same song as BK and BK has a better arrangement... well...

risky for them to have the same guy writing percussion and brass... does anyone else in DCI do that? Not sure it worked for them

BK does have Bocook arranging, so yeah. There's a big difference. Lol

• Like 2

I agree with you on all accounts! I don't know whose decision it was, Chuck's or the Colts, but I think they have built a very strong management base at the Colts (from what I have seen the last two years) and I am holding out faith in that group to find someone that will continue to lead them forward and not take a step backwards. I think the programs the last two years have been great for the students to perform, but falling just short two years in a row may have them leaning in another direction to hopefully get them over the hump!

I know what you're saying. However, what has happened can sometimes lead to knee-jerk reactions which end up having somewhat less than a positive outcome. I dearly hope that won't be the case for your beloved Colts.

Edited by HornTeacher

Crossmen need a better horn book, IMO... when you play the same song as BK and BK has a better arrangement... well...

risky for them to have the same guy writing percussion and brass... does anyone else in DCI do that? Not sure it worked for them

Xmen played the Bluecoats ballad from 2003. Doug Thrower arranged circles around the Xmen 2015 version (given different eras).

While I liked Naffier's work at Xmen, I suspect they'll stick with Markworth.

Xmen played the Bluecoats ballad from 2003. Doug Thrower arranged circles around the Xmen 2015 version (given different eras).

While I liked Naffier's work at Xmen, I suspect they'll stick with Markworth.

It was Markworth's first time in the expanded role. Why not give him a chance to grow into it? It was hardly a disaster. They ended up in pretty much the same place as when Naffier was there.

I think they should stick with him and see what happens next year.

• Like 2

It was Markworth's first time in the expanded role. Why not give him a chance to grow into it? It was hardly a disaster. They ended up in pretty much the same place as when Naffier was there.

Markworth isn't new to the multiple sections. He arranged for the school I taught for the last couple years and several others that are high BOA level. First year is always a feeler to see what people can handle so I expect a second year to be harder.

I really hope OC keeps their guard caption head.

You are aware of his arranging history, yes? This isn't his first non-percussion book.