Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

Music City: Huge and effective coverage of the field. Liked hearing Venus, not just Jupiter and Mars.

Why won't anyone ever arrange part of Saturn?

Guard has sleeves of bright green and purple, and at one point was working poles and hoops. Hmmmm .....

Edited by Eleran

That final shot of the Music City brass player says EVERYTHING you need to know about this incredible activity. I hope that fellow has many more moments just like this!

A seared in memory of a group and individual accomplishment that will last a lifetime....... with a promise of more to come !!!!

• Like 1

Music City: Huge and effective coverage of the field. Liked hearing Venus, not just Jupiter and Mars.

Why won't anyone ever arrange part of Saturn?

Guard has sleeves of bright green and purple, and at one point was working poles and hoops. Hmmmm .....

I dare a corps to try uranus

Les Stentors: Well done, mellophone soloist

For those who aren't watching, and haven't seen Les Stentor's show, think "Ink" without the KPop, with a little "Intergalactic" thrown in musically

The mellophone solo impressed me when I saw them in Manchester, NH. I'm glad they made it. A Facebook post mentioned they were stuck in traffic due to an accident and that the pit would not have a warm up as a result.

I think DCI needs to reconsider making today free for the DCI Live up until the theater broadcast. I'd love to know how many people are watching right now. The free exposure for the corps performing at this time would be great for these corps.

• Like 3

I dare a corps to try uranus

I'd prefer them to stay away from my ...

Well, Cavaliers did Uranus 30 years ago. Don't think anyone has since. And I don't know why ... there's material there that would be fantastic. But no, all the love is for Mars and Jupiter.

For those who aren't watching, and haven't seen Les Stentor's show, think "Ink" [...]

Ha! That's what I said too, in my comments on the first half of O.C. Finals.

Nice thing about prelims as a spectator is that some of the best seats are open and people aren't likely to take them.. hehe.

One thing that was a pleasant surprise for ME was Les Stentors' color guard. Very tight and solid performance. I don't normally pay attention to guard but WOW, they were just so in synch! Program is well designed for all sections.

Racine Scouts - drumline really overpowered the hornline. Probably wouldn't have if they were still using G bugles but still.. I could barely hear the horns. I admire them though, having marched in a small hornline myself. They had 8, we had 17, but still, it takes guts.

Gold seemed very much like an indoor program with some horns thrown in. Very flashy (in more ways than one as others have alluded to).

River City Rhythem - new corps, standard type of show... don't ask me what that means because I'm not sure I even know. Good performance, and as others have said I agree the smaller battery works better for them than the larger battery with other corps.

Jubal and the Asian corps just nailed it. Jubal literally got better as the show went on, and I was impressed by their jazz running. Amazing how much they improved over last year!

And why is there a band on the field again? Get them over to BOA and let BOA have an international division. Come

On now.

Edited by Barifonium