Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

Hooray! The box wheels work on the dome turf! First time I've seen that go without a gaffe and while I still think it needs something "more" for the big reveal, it's much better seeing the two peices revolve quickly and get circled by the brass then turned.

• Like 1

The purple cube detracted more from the show than it added.......

If Cascade and Crest both make it to semis..... put Cascade's globe in Crest's cube and roll the whole thing outside the stadium into the rain....... the two corps' performances stand on their own without the props. Those are two very good corps.......

• Like 2

The last time SCVC won Open Class, BDB came out in World prelims and punked them. Any chance that happens today?

At 2013 prelims SCVC had a 78.2 and BDB had a 77.75. So no, they didn't punk them. When BDB "beat" SCVC at semis it was due to a penalty on SCVC. BDB got a 77.95 and SCVC got a 77.7 WITH a 1 point penalty. So in actuality SCVC had a 78.7 at 2013 semis. Just to clear that up

• Like 1

Mandarins guard have their game faces on!

I understand what they were trying to do. I think a stationary prop, that had some lighting effects that changed with the moods of the show woulda worked PERFECTLY for what they wanted. The prop just came off kinda amateurish, and the big reveal when it opens is a big let down.

I loved PC in 2012 and 2013. These past two shows though have kinda let me down. I REALLY want to love them! Really nice ballad though all that said. Thankfully, no prop malfunctions this show.

So what WAS that reveal?

So am I to understand this correctly, if I paid for the whole season on here I still can not see the corps performing tonight? All those glitches we sat through to watch our kid and we can not see the big and loud portion of the day?

• Like 1

So what WAS that reveal?

Basically, hope. I dunno. I get the general gist of what they were going for. Dark to light, the catalyst (prop) arrives mysteriously, and is a bringer of change and hope. Show description and what the show presented are two different things. Good in concept, missed in execution. This is an example of a show I enjoyed more early on.

GO Mandarins!! One of my FAVORITE shows of the summer!

• Like 1