Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

BDB was just feel good. LOVE their brass ensemble sound, dunno what it is. But I really like it. Loved the pylons!

Pacific Crest should have done a larger obelisk type thing that change colors with the moods of the show like BDB, woulda been more dramatic and woulda been more what they wanted. I Don't think that woulda fixed the overall design, but it sure woulda helped quite a bit with the theme. Gimmicky? Maybe, but I think that was more what they were probably going for.

I'm glad you mention Pacific Crest and BDB in the same sentence. (or two)

I've always felt PC's staff can learn a bunch from watching BDB every summer. If PC had BDB's staff, they would progress by leaps and bounds.

There are some of us that don't have three days to sit in front of the computer and watch DCI. I have one evening, and to me, it's not worth it to pay $79 for that.

Yeah- 3 days to sit in front of the TV? Married with kids- aint going to happen.

Offer day-by-day PLEASE

• Like 2

I'm glad you mention Pacific Crest and BDB in the same sentence. (or two)

I've always felt PC's staff can learn a bunch from watching BDB every summer. If PC had BDB's staff, they would progress by leaps and bounds.

Really? I've always found PC to be VERY strong. This year has been an exception in terms of show design (although it's evident that their members have the talent to achieve).

There are some of us that don't have three days to sit in front of the computer and watch DCI. I have one evening, and to me, it's not worth it to pay $79 for that.

I hear you on that one! I've been so jipped on these live performances all season...it is not even funny...While I'd love my entire life to revolve around drum corps...in reality we all know that is just not realistic...lol

• Like 1

I personally don't mind forking it out since I can watch at work and at home all day.

HOWEVER, not offering a 1 event thing is ridiculous for people who can't watch all 3.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3