OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

11856521_10205444249920592_5794010023097
  • Like 4

Nice to see the corps mingling as always! I know this was beaten to death last season but I really wish Cadets would let up on tradition after scores are announced and let their members celebrate with the other corps as well as celebrate amongst themselves. Life's too short to stand rigid in a block while everyone else is having fun. I mean if they're going to have their corps do silly things on the field like spinning in circles like a toy ballerina while wearing a west point style uniform... why not...

I've sometimes suspected that Steve Rondinaro may have the results before scores were announced. After all, we see a graphic with final score superimposed over the drum majors, and that graphic takes time to produce and render.

However, there is NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that Rondinaro and Dennis De Lucia had no prior knowledge and were, in fact, surprised and somewhat disappointed that Crown was announced second place.

That is an observation, not a fact, nor a complaint....... their analysis on the fly is a real asset to the awards show !!!

Nice to see the corps mingling as always! (snip)

Check that pic again. There is not even one BD/Crown guard member who has ANY intention whatsoever of coming within 5 yards of the other!

Man, if I were a BD guy, heading for the Crown CG demonesses with a card with my name and phone number on it is the first thing I'd do. There is plenty of time for back slapping and mingling at the corps banquet. :devil::rock::wub::bluedevil:

Check that pic again. There is not even one BD/Crown guard member who has ANY intention whatsoever of coming within 5 yards of the other!

Man, if I were a BD guy, heading for the Crown CG demonesses with a card with my name and phone number on it is the first thing I'd do. There is plenty of time for back slapping and mingling at the corps banquet. :devil::rock::wub::bluedevil:

Nope, look again. The Crown guard is posing, probably taking a picture. I don't think BD's guard wants to get in that picture.

Do we know how things turned out for our friend playing SCV's synth?

do i really have to tell you i was kidding? :doh:

Then you most certainly have my apologies...and my admission of being wrong. In my defense, however...I am among the very first to lend sarcastic postings. And when one is being sarcastic as much as me, it is sometimes difficult to see the same in others. It's my fault, I fully acknowledge.

Edited by HornTeacher