OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

At finals, she completed the "suicide" by sliding the sword down between her arm and her body. According to Tom Blair, they had a camera pre-positioned to frame her expected pose with the audience behind her, and from that angle it looked terrible (since you could see the sword under her arm). Thus, the edit (with PR's approval)

Edit: I accidentally a word

Pfft. But in their defense, doing the camera calls seem hard. Have you seen DCI's Crown 2007 camera calls video on YouTube?

Anyone else notice that on Saturday night Crocker said that DCI was "pleased to present...Carolina Crown" instead of "proud" to present?

Fix was in before they played their first judged note...

(Kidding)

My wife and I turned and looked at each other -- did he really say that?

Just went back and listened. And yes -- he does say "pleased" for Crown and "proud" for BD.

BRANDT CROCKER GAVE IT AWAY! THE FIX WAS IN !!!

Oh, come on...

It's important to put Brandt Crocker in the context of today's crowds. The average "fan-age" is about 3 years; he sounds funny and fresh to the average fan.

Wesley, I think your characterization is in poor taste on all kinds of levels, regardless of your opinion of Mr. Crocker. It seems beneath you from what I've read of your posts, and besides being unbecoming it couldn't possibly be more insulting to a man whose given half a lifetime to the activity.

I really love Brandt and recognize the level of excellence over all these years... Indeed I could've said that in a better way and you are right... I meant no poor taste and have thought of him as something of an idol. I grew up hoping that one day I'd be able to see or hear him live. In fact the first time he announced a show I performed in I felt honored. Trust me, my joke in poor taste doesn't reflect how I feel about him. My apologies. What I was saying in the end of that post is... I consider him the Michael Jordan of DCI- a one of a kind that you hope to be able to see or hear in your life. But, like any great there comes a time that the luster fades and new stars emerge. I think Dan Potter could be the next star for decades. I'm by no means saying Crocker should be ousted, but that at some point even the greats have to close it out. Poor taste joke, beneath me? I'm human, I do dumb stuff at times, but I would be the first to say I feel very honored to have been on the field where he was on the PA. My apologies for insensitivity.

Wes Perkins

Anyone else notice that on Saturday night Crocker said that DCI was "pleased to present...Carolina Crown" instead of "proud" to present?

Fix was in before they played their first judged note...

(Kidding)

I DO remember that...that and the several prerecorded self introductions were strange.

Speaking of which, whose voice did Bluecoats use for their prerecorded introduction?

I have said this for years...Crocker is awful. He was great BITD, but now it is hard to understand what the heck is is saying with his over the top gravely voice announcements. The PHAAAAAAAAANOM REGIMENT.

It's time for a change.

Or cut him off after 3 drinks.