OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Do we know how things turned out for our friend playing SCV's synth?

I imagine he took his DCI World Championships Finalist medal, went home, and relished the fact that he was a member of one of the best marching percussion ensembles on the planet.

what did YOU do this weekend?

Sorry if this was already discussed, but I don't want to go back through 193 pages...does anyone know why the scores for the first 6 corps at finals were released so early? My friends and I were sitting in Lucas Oil as BD was setting up, and two of them were looking at them on their Iphones.

Sorry if this was already discussed, but I don't want to go back through 193 pages...does anyone know why the scores for the first 6 corps at finals were released so early? My friends and I were sitting in Lucas Oil as BD was setting up, and two of them were looking at them on their Iphones.

I would guess it was a mistake.

The first two years we had DCP live the scores were also posted early. We had them about 10 minutes after the final corps, and the early corps were published during intermission

Mistakes happen I guess. The more formats pulling from the db the more a risk. Better to err on the side of caution and not enter anything into the db until announced

We also saw scores published at several shows this year before being announced at the stadium during drum major retreat. Again - an unnecessary distraction that takes away from those moments.

Nice to see the corps mingling as always! I know this was beaten to death last season but I really wish Cadets would let up on tradition after scores are announced and let their members celebrate with the other corps as well as celebrate amongst themselves. Life's too short to stand rigid in a block while everyone else is having fun. I mean if they're going to have their corps do silly things on the field like spinning in circles like a toy ballerina while wearing a west point style uniform... why not...

oh god no. Personally I hate the big mosh pit look. I guess it's a generational thing.

I love the respect shown by standing at attention/parade rest and leaving promptly

I hate this hippie everyone mixes thing of late.

George, you're probably right...It may also have to do with the Competition Suite software they use now. It was just odd...and, neither of my friends were actually on dci.org..they were on some other apps, but they were correct.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, whose voice did Bluecoats use for their prerecorded introduction?

To me it sounded like they were channeling the spirit of Walter Cronkite.... maybe they hooked a Ouija Board up to a moog or something

I imagine he took his DCI World Championships Finalist medal, went home, and relished the fact that he was a member of one of the best marching percussion ensembles on the planet.

what did YOU do this weekend?

Don't be a dick. I was asking out of concern, as some may not be as resilient as you suggest. I saw a comment on another site from someone, sitting three rows away, who said that staff came up to him at the end of the show and gave him hugs, pats, and words of encouragement. I really felt for the guy and hope that he didn't age out so he can have another crack at a finals performance.

oh god no. Personally I hate the big mosh pit look. I guess it's a generational thing.

I love the respect shown by standing at attention/parade rest and leaving promptly

I hate this hippie everyone mixes thing of late.

Haha maybe it is a generational thing. I'm personally not concerned about how it looks. It can look pretty while scores are being announced. Once scores are announced, I find it heartwarming and beautiful to watch everyone mingle and hug each other.