Carolina Crown 2016

Judging by the reaction of the crowd at the end of the performance, the DCI East audience seemed to think they liked Crown's show (ending and all). Guess they (and the judges who saw fit to have them 0.4 from the lead) might have a thing or two to learn from the never ending font of wisdom that is DCP.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 3

Anyone complaining about the new ending should have been here a few weeks ago to shut up all the people saying that "some people might be offended by the gun violence".

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Either way, Crown blows 'em all away with that awesome brass!

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

Either way, Crown blows 'em all away with that awesome brass!

Awesome brass AND percussion. Those guys are playing as clean as anyone...yes including Coats, BD, Cadets and SCV. And the book is musical...not just a bunch of notes written like a WGI book. It's refreshing to hear...they know how to enhance the brass book instead of competing with it.

• Like 2

I'm still surprised they couldn't get any higher than 6th. That show should've been competing with Phantom for 4th.

Honestly, would've put Phantom higher than 4th. Most underrated show in Regiment's history I do believe.

How did Crown fall off the front page? Fans need to be talking up this show. Can I just have a show of hands also of the people who dislike the new ending, yet have only seen it online? If you've seen it live and don't like it then I'll just disagree. Why do folks still want to see revenge? Crown is trying to make a statement here. That you can be relentless in your pursuit yet show compassion and love and be will to throw down your guns and forgive. This ending is brilliant in its profound simplicity.

It seems too many folks go by the "eye for an eye" rule. If people aren't understanding what Crown is doing, they're simply trying too hard to not understand it

It seems too many folks go by the "eye for an eye" rule. If people aren't understanding what Crown is doing, they're simply trying too hard to not understand it

Interesting observation. I'm not saying that. Maybe some are. I'm simply saying that this is a great show...enjoy it.

• Like 2

Anyone complaining about the new ending should have been here a few weeks ago to shut up all the people saying that "some people might be offended by the gun violence".

Hah, I was blasted for even acknowledging that some might be offended by the gun violence and that I could see why Crown might want to tone it down.

Periodically checking Crown's facebook page and various news items, I conclude:

- the unis are some of the best in DCI history

- the photographer is fantastic

- Crown takes social media and marketing seriously, and I applaud them

• Like 1