Carolina Crown 2016

I guess I'm wondering why the villain needs to be killed at all? As the show ends now, he's apprehended.

With the Crown set to Hallelujah, I think that capturing him and taking him away is totally appropriate. I love the ending.

• Like 1

Why are they down so much in GE from Bloo? Is it all visual because they should be up that much and more in GE music. God I hope these corps don't live and die by scores because they are baffling.

• Like 3

Why are they down so much in GE from Bloo? Is it all visual because they should be up that much and more in GE music. God I hope these corps don't live and die by scores because they are baffling.

There is no more ge music per say. Ge1 and ge2 both judge overall ge. I wish this were not the case. As too many judges think they are qualified to judge it all. And frankly it's the ge 2 judges that seem to comment more visually than the ge1 judges comment on things musically. Judges should stick to what they know. Not their "gut"

Carolina Crown was absolutely spectacular last night. I cannot stress how much I love this show, ESPECIALLY Medea. SOOOOO looking forward to seeing them again next week.

• Like 5

it's interesting to say the least. and i'm gonna stop with that.

(i've typed about 10 paragraphs and then backspaced them. #thestruggleisreal)

• Like 1

There is no more ge music per say. Ge1 and ge2 both judge overall ge. I wish this were not the case. As too many judges think they are qualified to judge it all. And frankly it's the ge 2 judges that seem to comment more visually than the ge1 judges comment on things musically. Judges should stick to what they know. Not their "gut"

they pretty much do. the whole ge1/ge2 thing is (IMO) a great big farce. they should just be honest and put the old labels back.

I'd settle for five paragraphs of you hold forth--with extreme prejudice--on the subject :tounge2:

it's interesting to say the least. and i'm gonna stop with that.

(i've typed about 10 paragraphs and then backspaced them. #thestruggleisreal)

because the show is too traditional. Literally what's been hurting Cadets the past several seasons is starting to hurt Crown

JMO

Coats/BD are so connected to indoor world, Crown is more BOA/Cadets/Star connected

WGI wins. The outdoor massive movement and visual moments just isn't earning the marks it used to

GE will probably go to Coats at finals, possibly BD - but probably Coats. BD will try to strip away drums and/or guard from Crown to split everything and win or place 2nd

Of course - I could be wrong. But that's where I see things heading

Cadets music caption strength COULD be an issue for Crown if Cadets clean the feet enough. Placing high in percussion could put Crown down in 4th of 5th in drums - which would put BD in second and Coats in 1st

SCV/Cadets is a very interesting "battle"

Show design obviously goes to SCV - so for Cadets to finish 4th they would need to place ahead of SCV in music and tie in visual and be close in GE. That will depend on how clean Cadets/SCV can get the next 8 days and how the judges rate the GE. Cadets are a tad more WGI this year, but not in comparsion to SCV - but SCV show is more traditional and similar to Crown is some ways.

Anyway - the way I see it GE will end Coats then BD then Crown

Guard will end Crown then BD then Coats then SCV then Cadets

Drums will end Coats or Cadets then SCV then BD then Crown

That may flip crown to Bronze and Coats to Gold and BD won't get the 3peat again

It's a great year and the top 3 are simply fantastic

The top six are all strong

The top 17 may be the best top 17 ever

This is all good stuff!

they pretty much do. the whole ge1/ge2 thing is (IMO) a great big farce. they should just be honest and put the old labels back.

I 100% agree. GE music is also GE visual. And GE visual is WGI version of GE visual. JMO

Again...the labels are GE1 and GE2 but the judges are still only Visual guys for 1 and Music guys for 2. The lack of those specific titles just allows the judges to flow over into the other but they are indeed separate otherwise they would just all be GE judges and not GE1 or GE2.