Carolina Crown 2016

Good luck tonight crown! Rooting for you from home :D

• Like 1

I have changed my mind on the new ending (see earlier posts). My first inclination was disappointment, but after seeing it yesterday and thinking about it today this world needs a little more mercy. In this life we will eventually wrong someone (maybe not kill them but the same principle applies). Would we want them to seek revenge or show us mercy and compassion in return? Many of us spend too much time concerned with what we percieve is justice rather than what is right. Anyway, it is the wild west and he probably will get his anyway. They didn't take kindly to thieves and murderers back then. Either way it is an awesome show performed by kids with amazing talent.

• Like 3

Did they change the beginning? This is news.

Difference is, the death in the beginning is associated with sorrow, while the old ending glorified gun violence through a triumphant mood.

Scores are secondary to the performance. Good work tonight crown.

Big congrats to BD and Bloo as well!

• Like 1

Difference is, the death in the beginning is associated with sorrow, while the old ending glorified gun violence through a triumphant mood.

Gotcha. I did not remember that distinction being made by anyone before. But then I don't remember anyone blasting you personally either. I do remember the first shooting specifically being referenced by one or more people complaining out the show, and I'm pretty sure most of the complaints did not make that distinction and many were accompanied by silly statements and I think that is what most people were reacting to.

I agree that there is a difference and thematically i never liked the idea of celebrating the revenge, as overcoming the need for it is more of an accomplishment and more fitting with a triumphant ending.

However, i don't understand why the word "gun" is a necessary component of your point.

• Like 1

Gotcha. I did not remember that distinction being made by anyone before. But then I don't remember anyone blasting you personally either. I do remember the first shooting specifically being referenced by one or more people complaining out the show, and I'm pretty sure most of the complaints did not make that distinction and many were accompanied by silly statements and I think that is what most people were reacting to.

I agree that there is a difference and thematically i never liked the idea of celebrating the revenge, as overcoming the need for it is more of an accomplishment and more fitting with a triumphant ending.

However, i don't understand why the word "gun" is a necessary component of your point.

Fair point, you're definitely right about that (no distinction being made before).

It's not exactly a necessary component, but I do think it is a relevant component since it is the whole reason why Crown decided to ditch the previous ending (Crown's DM said so herself in an interview)

It's still "gun violence".

• Like 2