Hardest show ever - Cadets 2015?

Well stated but look at scores/spreads until until INDY so I still think they got hosed. "Systemic problems" would have weighed them down by mid season.

I was trying to avoid getting into opinions about the uniform change since that is a whole lot more difficult to put into quantifiable terms. Perhaps a combination of Cadets appearing cleaner earlier in their traditional uniforms and the black exposing slightly more slop as Crown, BD, and Coats all got noticeably cleaner. May be a a psychological or perceived effect, who knows for sure?

For certainty we can say the brass and percussion were driving forces for early and mid-season success and the guard was definitely the limiting factor once other groups cleaned up.

Cadets didn’t get hosed, they stalled and got passed. They never got it super clean so failed to get the GE bump. Also, in its final form, there was a lull mid-show, seemed long and the Power of 10 thing became really worn. Fourth was about right, perhaps third but no way was it in the top 2

Seems like the past few years Cadets have had trouble closing the deal

I enjoyed the show regardless of placement

Anyway, every year at this time some show is declared the most difficult, the best ever…the season is the best ever, the marchers are better than ever usually it’s not the case. I understand the enthusiasm, glad you like it but a little perspective will make it apparent where these things fall

• Like 4

Cadets didn’t get hosed, they stalled and got passed. They never got it super clean so failed to get the GE bump. Also, in its final form, there was a lull mid-show, seemed long and the Power of 10 thing became really worn. Fourth was about right, perhaps third but no way was it in the top 2

Seems like the past few years Cadets have had trouble closing the deal

I enjoyed the show regardless of placement

Anyway, every year at this time some show is declared the most difficult, the best ever…the season is the best ever, the marchers are better than ever usually it’s not the case. I understand the enthusiasm, glad you like it but a little perspective will make it apparent where these things fall

Most accurate post in the thread

• Like 2

<< snip >>

Somewhere around New Year's Day, the loyal fans of each corps begin to accept that their corps was not hosed. It's much easier to look objectively than it is while still in your seat at LOS.

Somewhere around March 21st (first day of Spring), the loyal fans look at their corps with a more objective eye and start asking about improvements in last year's "weak" areas.

By June 20th, the loyal fans just "KNOW" that this is the year !

That's just the changing perspective setting in and eventually being replaced by unbridled enthusiasm !

I almost always feel that the judges get the placements correct in the end. However, the 2015 Cadets were NOT evaluated objectively at finals. It's humorous to see all the criticism of the Cadets intended to justify their 4th place finish. 4th place was an injustice to this beast of a corps. And I am sick of hearing that any of the top 4 could of won this year. The judges made it pretty clear down the stretch that the Cadets didn't have a chance of finishing in the top 3; not a fan of DCI judging (and I use the term loosely!). Rant over, the abuse will start now.

I went to the show in Atlanta and it was obvious to everyone around me (we talked about it after the show, before scores were announced) that the Cadets' show did not have the GE potential of the other three. Once they got it as clean as they could, there was no more GE to pull out of that show, unlike BD, Crown or Bloo. When I saw them in '90 in B'ham, they finished 2nd to SCV, but we all agreed that it was a championship show if they kept cleaning it. This was not like that.

• Like 1

I went to the show in Atlanta and it was obvious to everyone around me (we talked about it after the show, before scores were announced) that the Cadets' show did not have the GE potential of the other three. Once they got it as clean as they could, there was no more GE to pull out of that show, unlike BD, Crown or Bloo. When I saw them in '90 in B'ham, they finished 2nd to SCV, but we all agreed that it was a championship show if they kept cleaning it. This was not like that.

You guys are making it seem as if Cadets had NO chance in hell on medaling. They were only 1 point from silver and 1.75 from gold. Let's not minimize the good things about their show by making the other three much better than they were. The scores don't reflect the other three were pulling far away from Cadets. Either way, it's done. Looking forward to the next season.

• Like 2

Looking at the season from "3rd Person's point of view" is very difficult when dealing with enthusiastic fans or the Kool aid drinkers from ANY program.and that is all I am going to say about that -

• Like 1

Looking at the season from "3rd Person's point of view" is very difficult when dealing with enthusiastic fans or the Kool aid drinkers from ANY program.and that is all I am going to say about that -

Or from detractors.

• Like 1

I have to disagree with PART of "...did not have the GE potential of the other three." I felt that BD would eventually finish second or third, and possibly even fourth wouldn't be out of the question, either. However, as I watched in awe on Finals night, the Blue Devils mm did not PERFORM their show, they LIVED it....and they communicated that so every effectively that it was not only reflected in their .1 off the top of GE, but it provided at least .5 of the spread over Crown spread through the other captions.

The shows of the top 4 were so good that only the cleanest and most enthusiastic show would get the gold. That is why I feel that the Cadets show did have enough potential to win it all.

It's not a big disagreement. In fact, if all four corps performed with their usual excellence, the order would have been Crown, BD, Bloo, Cadets. But BD added the unbridled emotion that causes me to disagree with you as far as ANY of the top 4.

Watching BD, especially in the second half, reminds me of watching Jack Nicholson deliver his "You want the TRUTH......" in A Few Good Men. BD's Ink was THAT real !

Somewhere around New Year's Day, the loyal fans of each corps begin to accept that their corps was not hosed. It's much easier to look objectively than it is while still in your seat at LOS.

Somewhere around March 21st (first day of Spring), the loyal fans look at their corps with a more objective eye and start asking about improvements in last year's "weak" areas.

By June 20th, the loyal fans just "KNOW" that this is the year !

That's just the changing perspective setting in and eventually being replaced by unbridled enthusiasm !

That's why I often say we have to wait for the dust to settle before we best ever, weakest, etc. we need time to evaluate.

• Like 1