Phantom Regiment 2016

Great video, but behind the cool clips and empowering music the theme sounds really off the shelf shallow. I'm not entirely sure what any of that means. Is it an anniversary show? Is it a typical conflict and resolution empowerment story? Can't really tell.

Im not selling it off or going with any of that, but it's the impression I get. There is some great music they have picked though and they made some good staff changes, so I'll just be cautious with it until I see it.

I just want to hear what Will Pitts has got! I bet it's going to sound really good with him at the arranging helm!

I agree with you, the theme does sound a little generic.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

I was told during the winter to expect a 2010 vibe to the show concept. I don't know if you were on here then, but that got panned something fierce when it was announced.

I was and I remember, it just seems INCREDIBLY vague right now. I'm really looking forward to the music, just not sure what to expect thematically even with this. Honestly as long as I can listen to them and get that Phantom magic from them again that has been missing for me since 2011, that doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I was and I remember, it just seems INCREDIBLY vague right now. I'm really looking forward to the music, just not sure what to expect thematically even with this. Honestly as long as I can listen to them and get that Phantom magic from them again that has been missing for me since 2011, that doesn't matter.

I don't think that will be a problem. ;) Definitely understand where you are coming from, though. If it reassures you at all, this sound to me like Rob had a big hand in designing the concept, and he's at his best when he's doing this sort of show. Just look at Matrix.

Maybe a bit vague of a show concept is a good thing. I'm tired of being beaten over the head with a theme.

Was literally about to say the same thing. Looking at the past few years, maybe some broad strokes thematically will be refreshing.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

It looks like we won't be hearing Prokofiev's "Toccata" on the field this year. According to the source music on the show announcement webpage, it has been replaced with an original piece by Bret Kuhn and Rob Ferguson entitled "The Darkest Moment."

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Maybe a bit vague of a show concept is a good thing. I'm tired of being beaten over the head with a theme.

Completely agreed on this.

Still uneasy about how Young Person's Guide fits in, otherwise I'm in.