Spirit of Atlanta

:)

Edited by M1sterPip

• 4 weeks later...

All quiet here in Georgia. They were suppose to release more about the show a couple of weeks ago other than the "Georgia" theme title, but I don't think they ever did.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really excited to see what they do with this show!

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 2

I'm really excited to see what they do with this show!

Me too. Sounds like an intriguing show with an understandable theme, with some recognizable music to back it up. Like all Corps, 'hope they have a great Visual show, and Guard, because thats where its at these days in attempting to find the most points on the new scoring sheets now.

Edited by BRASSO

I wish them the best, but how many times do they need to play Georgia, Sweet Georgia Brown, or point out the fact that their from Georgia before they try a different approach. I just don't buy it.

I wish them the best, but how many times do they need to play Georgia, Sweet Georgia Brown, or point out the fact that their from Georgia before they try a different approach. I just don't buy it.

It is their 40th season -- paying tribute to their roots.

It is their 40th season -- paying tribute to their roots.

Good point, but still seemed tired and overdone to me, considering how many times they've paid tribute to their roots.

How many of their different approaches did you miss? This is the same corps that did an entire show of music by Kansas (wrong state), as well as a full show treatment of Interstellar Suite (wrong planet). The entire run 2001-2010 were non-geographical themes, with hardly a hint of regional identity. In fact, the corps was not even FROM Georgia in those ten years. How much more non-Georgia can you get than that?

• Like 1