Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

And to the comments of how embarrassed those kids must be wearing those......

They looked like they were having a freakin blast, and I bet they couldn't be prouder to be a part of that organization right now.

Exactly. Anyone have favorite moments? One of mine was when they had the section feature blocks and instead of the normal hold still and play fast licks, they held still and flew across the field only when they started playing those beastly lines. Loved it.

• Like 3

Exactly. Anyone have favorite moments? One of mine was when they had the section feature blocks and instead of the normal hold still and play fast licks, they held still and flew across the field only when they started playing those beastly lines. Loved it.

Everything.

• Like 2

I can honestly say I've never experienced anything remotely close in the drum corps activity like I experienced tonight from Bluecoats. My impression right out of the gate was positive. This show is very groundbreaking and will certainly have its haters. This I Believe! I think the Devils couldn't have imagined being out thought on show design, but this appears to be the case, at least until we see there show. For me, I loved it and so did everyone in the audience in Madison. It was easily the crowd favorite. But yeah, those are costumes not uniforms. I will miss the classy Bluecoats uniforms they have been wearing since 07. But, this folks is what the future of drum corps will be. You will have 3-4 Super Corps, and everyone else unless they go modern. I chose to embrace it, and now need to see it live because honestly, I think this show is the one to change the activity for the better (or worse for some)

• Like 2

I'm very okay with the Bluecoats moving in this direction so long as no other corps try to join them.

I think BK may be headed in this direction as well.

I mean what's next, playing instruments on a flying trapeze?

To be honest this would be so cool

• Like 2

My guess is that those silver poles on some of the props will be used to suspend the players while they play, so they are playing sideways or even possibly upside down

I think BK may be headed in this direction as well.

BK has been going this way for a while, since at least 2012

I can honestly say I've never experienced anything remotely close in the drum corps activity like I experienced tonight from Bluecoats. My impression right out of the gate was positive. This show is very groundbreaking and will certainly have its haters. This I Believe! I think the Devils couldn't have imagined being out thought on show design, but this appears to be the case, at least until we see there show. For me, I loved it and so did everyone in the audience in Madison. It was easily the crowd favorite. But yeah, those are costumes not uniforms. I will miss the classy Bluecoats uniforms they have been wearing since 07. But, this folks is what the future of drum corps will be. You will have 3-4 Super Corps, and everyone else unless they go modern. I chose to embrace it, and now need to see it live because honestly, I think this show is the one to change the activity for the better (or worse for some)

Personally, I felt last year that the classic uniform was jarring with the very contemporary music design of the show. I had said in a thread last year that if they intended to be on the cutting edge musically, they should also LOOK cutting edge with their costuming...look like they listened to me (hahaha). LOVED them tonight. Would not have been surprised with an even larger spread.

• Like 2