Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

This show was highly entertaining. It shows that all of the decisions made point toward maximizing the audience experience. Of all championship shows in the past, the elements of entertainment and wonder have usually played a significant role in a show running away with a title.

• Like 1

Show = yes!

Uniforms = no

The uniform design in terms of build is the only safe way to perform the show.

As for the look... the blue loop in the design looks very similar to their classic logo... not sure if that is the intention, but that's what I see.

• Like 3

If nothing else, this show will again broaden the audience for DCI, and inspire corps to explore brand concepts that could birth one or two completely new and innovative corps. For some of these smaller corps that may feel stuck playing band music, Bluecoats may have opened up an entirely new idea for them to explore and recruit to.

Now as an old timer, I do miss the traditional corps style. Bluecoats had the best, coolest uniforms out there. Would Willy wear one of these outfits?! I say yes...but not without some laughs!

Kudos to the Coats staff for continuing to risk and risk and risk. They're going to pack every house they play in and sell the heck out of merch.

• Like 1

I'm a drum corps dino, and will proudly admit it (1970s-80s era Erie T-Birds, anyone?). I have no idea what goes on in WGI -- have never seen a WGI show, and don't know what makes a WGI production "WGI."

I thought the Bluecoats show last night was phenomenal. If you dislike the costume (not uniform), or the use of the half pipe props, then just LISTEN to the show. Dare I say, that the music is a modern take on a pretty traditional drum corps show. Jazzy, lots of Latin flavor, with a 1970s pop music ballad. Percussion features. Brass soloists. C'mon, fellow dinos -- get past the visuals and just listen to the music. It is accessible, and its spectacular.

Can't wait to see (and hear!) more of the show through the rest of the year!

• Like 4

Awesome show! Does the up & down thing on the ramps at about 4:00 in remind anyone else of the part in Cadets ballad last year where they ran back and forth on the number boxes?

(Edit: Just read DrumManTX's review. Great minds think alike...)

Edited by Reed
  • Like 2

I absolutely love this show. I feel like it's everything the last two years have been building to and now they've found their formula to beat the Blue Devils

I'm not gonna watch any vids, but I have one very important question... Is there a tuba feature???

No, but the brass overall is one of if not the best I can remember from them!