Brief moments...not shows...that stick out in your mind.

2015 Crown. The release at the end of the ballad when the red scrim is removed and the horns are lowered. That gave me chills and had me choked up at finals. Was my favorite moment of 2015 until the first time I saw the gold banner.

Cadets 1998 - the colorguard at the end of the slow movement

Cadets 2000 - the drum break, the playing-of-each-others'-trumpets, and the entire last minute of the show

Vanguard's Y pull in both parts of the 1999 show

Cavs 2002 - the "fight club" scene

Crown winning their first title and watching the tears running down those kids' faces.

I forgot to add the "raindrop" set from the Cadets 2005. Not just the visual set, but the music at that part, too. Brilliant. And brilliant how they morph into the umbrella. I don't hear much talk about Cadets 2005, but IMO there hasn't been a better show written or performed since.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

Cadets 1998 - the colorguard at the end of the slow movement

Cadets 2000 - the drum break, the playing-of-each-others'-trumpets, and the entire last minute of the show

Vanguard's Y pull in both parts of the 1999 show

Cavs 2002 - the "fight club" scene

Crown winning their first title and watching the tears running down those kids' faces.

I forgot to add the "raindrop" set from the Cadets 2005. Not just the visual set, but the music at that part, too. Brilliant. And brilliant how they morph into the umbrella. I don't hear much talk about Cadets 2005, but IMO there hasn't been a better show written or performed since.

Funny you mention this because I just found some youtube videos last week of their rehearsals from that year. Needless to say, I loved every moment of it. The raindrop set is by far my favorite primarily because of that chord.

• Like 1

FROM 2015 ONLY:

• Cadets Brass Line - WOW, especially the 2nd part of the show (after the intro)
  • Bluecoats electronics, especially in opener
  • Bluecoats ballad
  • Blue Devils incredible use of staging continues to grab me
  • Carolina Crown's POWER in the opener
  • Cadets using 10 French Horns in the waltz
  • Santa Clara's opening drill
  • Spirit of Atlanta using Kanstul Brass = yes
  • Colts music arrangements - which I thought were stellar, great show too
  • Madison Scouts closer with full company front
  • Carolina Crown adding the chorus audio in the closer of Beethoven Nine, with new gold silks
  • Academy's opener of Marry Poppins - my favorite show of theirs yet
  • Blue Devils ballad, which just felt like one of their classic 70s/80s ballad closers, and especially the delay before the last chord with casual change of form. So perfect!
  • Like 1

Buckeyes march off from retreat (Rochester,NY) going back of everyone and the soloist giving the judges the BIRD!

Is there video of this anywhere? Please, please, please!!!

Is there video of this anywhere? Please, please, please!!!

I wish! It was 1973 I am sure because they came to our show in North Tonawanda and we met them in a show at Bellefontaine, OH

Cadets 2005-"drum break"

Cavaliers 2010- this is my rifle

Cavaliers 2011- upside down tenors/drum major and the front ensemble break

Phantom Regiment 2011- Elsa's Procession

Bluecoats 2011- creep

Blue Devils 2012- Snare solos

Bluecoats 2014- ending jump and electronics

Blue Devils 2014- trumpet feature in opener

Carolina Crown 2015- in the opener when two guard members hold another guard member above their heads and a guy tosses over the girl, does a front walk over then catches it. Actually... The crown guard in general was just amazing this past year.

And how could I forget

SCV 2004 ( I think)- Simple Gifts