Cadets 2016

Tobias

We all really care about the Cadets. That's the bottom line

So true. I hate to think that what has happened to The Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vanguard and Phantom Regiment could be happening to The Cadets. All those corps were powerhouses at one time but have dropped. There's only so much room at the top and some of these other corps have stepped up their game.

• Like 1

cadets show concept is fine,

music selections are good for what they're trying to convey....stoic, to playful, to nightmarish. it works.

there's just nothing tying it together visually yet, and george dixon already said that's going to change starting in the coming week

i'm a little old school, and kind of hate it when corps get too literal and/or ostentatious with props, but it's about as necessary as it can get to be explicit with props in this particular show

it's impossible for me to believe there won't be significant strides made on the visual front in a big hurry

calm down

• Like 1

Of course everything I'm saying is MY OPINION. This is a discuss board after all. Just like everything you're saying is YOUR OPINION. I'm not trying to bash the Cadets, I am merely stating my feelings about their show because this is a discussion board and we are talking about the Cadets. People are going to have different opinions on every show.

I don't need an education from you on what this board is. I know exactly what it is. And I also don't need you convincing me to think negatively of the Cadets' show just because you've already decided to do that. I haven't seen Cadets show live nor have I seen any other show live. You continue to cling to negativity and defeat and I'll continue to have an open mind about all the shows I will see.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I don't need an education from you on what this board is. I know exactly what it is. And I also don't need you convincing me to think negatively of the Cadets' show just because you've already decided to do that. I haven't seen Cadets show live nor have I seen any other show live. You continue to claim to negativity and defeat and I'll continue to have an open mind about all the shows I will see.

Honestly it's just better to ignore him. I've decided to do that with one of the PR trolls and it's working out great

• Like 2

We all really care about the Cadets. That's the bottom line

George you seemed upbeat and excited about Cadets during Spring Training. What happened to cause such a huge shift in how you feel about them? The scores? Just unsure why you went from thinking best show since 2011 to doom and gloom?

• Like 1

Honest question here. If Cadets were 3 pointing everyone right now, would there be all of this talk about tier 1, tier 2, "the best that they will do is 4th" and etc? Would there be that crowd in this thread who are all of a sudden pro sports commentators? You know, the ones on live tv who essentially get paid to tell people who are tuning in at home what the individuals competing need to do to win? The ones that are clearly outside of the playing field/court/green? That's what coaches are for. The staff are the coaches and perhaps some trust should be put in them that they will do their jobs no matter if Cadets win a ring or not. Chill out, sit back, relax and enjoy the season because despite a new visual and design team, this is an awesome season for the Cadets.

• Like 1

Honestly it's just better to ignore him. I've decided to do that with one of the PR trolls and it's working out great

Stating my opinion doesn't make me a troll. I'm sure I could dig through everyone's posts and see when they've been critical of a corps or a show design and one time or another.

I don't need an education from you on what this board is. I know exactly what it is. And I also don't need you convincing me to think negatively of the Cadets' show just because you've already decided to do that. I haven't seen Cadets show live nor have I seen any other show live. You continue to cling to negativity and defeat and I'll continue to have an open mind about all the shows I will see.

I think you do, considering you have to point out that what I'm saying is an opinion, when that is a given. Nor, am I trying to convince you of anything. Saying I understand your bias because I've been there, is just that. I understand your bias because I've been there.

Edited by henry7184