Cadets 2016

Tobias

Agreed.

That show got excoriated on here, namely for incorporating elements that had been verboten up until that point. The ire towards the narration and singing most likely blinded folks to what was otherwise a pretty solid corps. It had it's flaws, sure....

But not nearly as bad in hindsight as it was made out to be during the season.

And now, you look at a lot of corps and you'll see that much of what Cadets have done, many corps are incorporating, albeit in different ways, but essentially the same concept. And that's not to take anything away from those corps, but just to say the influence Cadets have had on other corps' programming is evident.

• Like 2

Some elements you didn't see until very recently as well. Think that show was a few years ahead of its time.

so was the 1991 Cadets show - REALLY ahead of its time. And that corps got SIXTH. Still one of my favorite Cadets programs ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1cH1LgdQU

• Like 4

And now, you look at a lot of corps and you'll see that much of what Cadets have done, many corps are incorporating, albeit in different ways, but essentially the same concept. And that's not to take anything away from those corps, but just to say the influence Cadets have had on other corps' programming is evident.

I think that's why people are disappointed with Cafets this year. We want them to lead again and set the trends not be in catch up mode!

Ah so because I marched a show that wasn't good my opinions and experiences have no validity

Just like Mike Fanning only marched Cadets in 1999 and he sucks at marching tech

yeah - I got your back on that one.

firstly - Cadets 2006 was a GREAT corps. There were a lot of great moments in the show. And the hatred at the time (and the scores) made little sense

pluse I totally agree with your point - marching a show which struggled a little bit competitively/creatively doesn't diminish your viewpoint one bit in my eyes

so was the 1991 Cadets show - REALLY ahead of its time. And that corps got SIXTH. Still one of my favorite Cadets programs ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1cH1LgdQU

Postcards....was such a great moment and wonderful mello soloist!

• Like 2

No one said because the show did not win that FTNK's opinion does not matter. That is his defensiveness kicking in. Can't make a remark to him without the claws coming out. He can say whatever nasty stuff he wants but when someone responds he gets all worked up. Grow up. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen...

oh god did I really just say that lol. :fight::whip:

I think George H. is in many ways a lightening rod for anger for things the old skool folks don't like. And the Cadets get caught in the cross fire. Some of it because they do take risks and try new things. Some of it because he is vocal about making changes to the activity. And some of it I think is because it's not always well executed. Sometimes the change itself is the focus vs. making it effective.

Having said that, the stage in 2008 like the door in 2005 was pretty obtrusive. As much as I like this year's show concept, I wonder if the cake props could have been made less obtrusive. Visually they really are distracting.

If the Cadets were the first to use 1/2 as many field amps as Bluecoats are using, he would be raked over the coals about it. But because its Coats there are crickets chirping. As much as I like BC show, it is WAY less of a traditional DCI show than Cadet 2006. By a long shot.

so was the 1991 Cadets show - REALLY ahead of its time.

Heck, the ballad had a more full-fledged storyline in the guard than anything we see today.

• Like 2