Cadets 2016

Tobias

. It's been gone since Atlanta. There has been much jubilation. I did a twirl dance in my great room, I was in such a celebratory mood.

I high-fived my German Shepard - even he was estatic

• Like 3

I think George H. is in many ways a lightening rod for anger for things the old skool folks don't like. And the Cadets get caught in the cross fire. Some of it because they do take risks and try new things. Some of it because he is vocal about making changes to the activity. And some of it I think is because it's not always well executed. Sometimes the change itself is the focus vs. making it effective.

Having said that, the stage in 2008 like the door in 2005 was pretty obtrusive. As much as I like this year's show concept, I wonder if the cake props could have been made less obtrusive. Visually they really are distracting.

If the Cadets were the first to use 1/2 as many field amps as Bluecoats are using, he would be raked over the coals about it. But because its Coats there are crickets chirping. As much as I like BC show, it is WAY less of a traditional DCI show than Cadet 2006. By a long shot.

I think it is 99% lack of execution. In a corps, and an activity that is pretty much 100% execution.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

Oh come on..not right before finals... are we going to get into "I can design a better show than they can" crap. If we all knew as much as we think we do all the corps would be pulling 99.00 on finals lol. :shutup::peek:

They can use all the props in the world. Just lay off the narration and I'm a happy camper.

• Like 4

They can use all the props in the world. Just lay off the narration and I'm a happy camper.

Now THAT is something with which I agree.

• Like 1

Cadets edge out SCV...

.... Must be the last week of the season. ;)

KEEP PUSHING CADETS!!