Cadets 2016

Tobias

Is it just me of is the music ahead of the drill?

It's not just you.

But drill isn't rewarded like it used to be. I think DP's offering is going to work just fine for them this year.

• Like 1

Rankings USUALLY follow the previous year (first time viewing) so I would say:

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

Gaps depend on if it's full or partial panel. If partial, is there a percussion judge (favor to Cadets), if it's more of a visual/guard judge (favor to Crown).

Speculation:

Crown +1.4

Bluecoats +.8

Cadets

(Mid-July: another ballgame)...

Have you seen video from Bluecoats?

It's not just you.

But drill isn't rewarded like it used to be. I think DP's offering is going to work just fine for them this year.

No I meant is the music playing ahead of the drill (meaning there's an issue with the drill and music being in time with each other as in is there a glitch with the video).

No I meant is the music playing ahead of the drill (meaning there's an issue with the drill and music being in time with each other as in is there a glitch with the video).

Oh!

I'm sure it's a video glitch. Theater tomorrow should confirm.

I actually thought the same until I realized that much of that video was of the drumline and they're way in the back of the field. I remember when I marched, if we (the contras) were positioned behind the rest of the hornline, Gino would tell us to anticipate the music by 1/2 a beat because of the low tone and sound delay of reaching the audience and press box. It was a very weird feeling at first to play what seemed to be well ahead of everyone else but made sense after we saw a video of one of our shows. I don't know if that is specifically what you're referring to but that's what came to mind.

Edited by blakman7

Reflecting on the FB video from tonight, I freaking love this show! When I first heard what was going to be played late last year and saw camp videos, I honestly wasn't excited. Don't get me wrong, I knew that the Cadets would do well no matter what they played and that won't change. They could play a Bb scale and it will still be on point but I just didn't see how the music selection would fit the Cadets style or how you could write effective drill to fit the theme. My eyes have truly been opened in the last few days. After seeing the show in Ada, I love it! The drill fits so well to the music and the show tells an actually story when you dissect it. As the season progresses, the guard cleans up (yes, I know that they will and they're still learning the show) and the drill is cleaned up (it isn't easy drill by any stretch of the imagination) I think that this show will have the total package.....if only the DCI politics could be left out of it but that's a whole different thread and argument. Haha. The FB video from tonight further solidified my high hopes for this show. That video showed a lot of things that you wouldn't see upon first take of the show. There were some parts that I saw and heard that made me go "wow" as I had never heard them before. To those who don't think that this is the right show for them or for those that simply don't like the show......it's cool. We're all entitled to our opinions and views which is what makes this nation great but I will ask of you this......please watch/listen to the show a few times and I'm willing to bet that it will grow on you. Especially as the season goes on and they start to get comfortable with it and perform it to the max. There will be nothing stopping them.

• Like 1

Reflecting on the FB video from tonight, I freaking love this show! When I first heard what was going to be played late last year and saw camp videos, I honestly wasn't excited. Don't get me wrong, I knew that the Cadets would do well no matter what they played and that won't change. They could play a Bb scale and it will still be on point

Heck, if they WANTED to, they could even play Christma....oh wait....never mind! :xmas:

• Like 5

I love it ... "Dad, you called me out on DCP! ... Not funny!"

To all those that have expressed kind words about The Cadets, and about him, my son says "Thank you very much!! FHNSAB" He's super excited for tomorrow. And nervous.

• Like 3

I love it ... "Dad, you called me out on DCP! ... Not funny!"

To all those that have expressed kind words about The Cadets, and about him, my son says "Thank you very much!! FHNSAB" He's super excited for tomorrow. And nervous.

They're going to rock. Enjoy it. Both of you. :)

• Like 1