Cadets 2016

Tobias

So while waiting for the rain to stop in Cranston,

GH told the MMs at Lynn that Marc Sylvester is returning as of 7/8 to augment Darryl, to enhance the story line, and to "develop" the show. [i fear..] Hop talk was public in the public lot, not from my sponsorees.

Black unis are being ditched with a replacement, more stone-like apparrel very soon. Was originally proposed by viz staff to GH in March, but GH insisted on the black. Now considered too dark for a dark show.

"Exorcism' now done on mellophone line where it is the vets who have been downed by injuries, interuptions of life, and revolving door; poor MT the section tech is already passionate, energetic, and forthright even w/o the hassles.

kUDOS to the low brass who saved a tragedy when the wedding cake began dismantling at Lynn; MMs fixed the problem mid-show and never missed a beat.

Weather for the NE mini-tour has been great save for the rain at Clifton and here last night. Many, many alums and their families at Bristol and Norwood. Many, many opinions as well.

Well if this is true, they better get on it like ASAP. I hate to see a repeat of last year of waiting to the last week of the season to make these changes.

Well if this is true, they better get on it like ASAP. I hate to see a repeat of last year of waiting to the last week of the season to make these changes.

I understand that it even may be sooner than the Regionals.

GH may be daunted by the possibility of ranking in sixth, a tragedy particularly with the talent level of brass and percussion members.

I understand that it even may be sooner than the Regionals.

GH may be daunted by the possibility of ranking in sixth, a tragedy particularly with the talent level of brass and percussion members.

A tragedy for the entire planet.

Seriously though, I can see the concern. Judging only from the videos (since the #### show I went to was rained out and I didn't get to see the show live!!!), they have a lot of meat in the show, but I agree the show could use a little more color. Although, I am uncertain how these proposed uniform changes will look in contrast to the guard uniforms; will the guard just blend into the corps proper? One of the many questions it begs.

Seriously though, I can see the concern. Judging only from the videos (since the #### show I went to was rained out and I didn't get to see the show live!!!), they have a lot of meat in the show, but I agree the show could use a little more color. Although, I am uncertain how these proposed uniform changes will look in contrast to the guard uniforms; will the guard just blend into the corps proper? One of the many questions it begs.

They can be anywhere from 3-5th. Closing gaps even with all the dirt so there is something of substance there.

While the meat may be in the musical book, it's the training which is missing in the other aspects. Much too laizez faire to be considered Cadet.

I think the coloration of the guard and the colors of the corps proper will be different.

We may go from all back to all white😳?

Lol. Seriously, they are listening very carefully to judging critiques. I don't mind the black but it has been described as muddy and I get that. There is some wonderful drill that's not getting the proper credit yet so hoping a wise color change and a boost in visual...

While the meat may be in the musical book, it's the training which is missing in the other aspects. Much too laizez faire to be considered Cadet.

I think the coloration of the guard and the colors of the corps proper will be different.

Darryl is a stickler for marching technique and with Marc Slyvester's return, regardless of his role, will hone in on technique. It's in his 27 Lancer/Cadets DNA.. Marc returns rhis week to Cadets. If it were last week in July, I'd be concerned but with 6 weeks left.... I'm tentatively excited about a Cadets end of season surge. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

We may go from all back to all white?

Lol. Seriously, they are listening very carefully to judging critiques. I don't mind the black but it has been described as muddy and I get that. There is some wonderful drill that's not getting the proper credit yet so hoping a wise color change and a boost in visual...

My goodness how much cash does Cadets have? It's unreal how quickly they seem to be able to pour an awesome amount of money into show redesign mid-season. New uniforms FOR THE ENTIRE CORPS? Holy hell.

• Like 2

My goodness how much cash does Cadets have? It's unreal how quickly they seem to be able to pour an awesome amount of money into show redesign mid-season. New uniforms FOR THE ENTIRE CORPS? Holy hell.

Cadets is the flagship of YEA. They do what they feel they need to keep them competitive...

Darryl is a stickler for marching technique and with Marc Slyvester's return, regardless of his role, will hone in on technique. It's in his 27 Lancer/Cadets DNA.. Marc returns rhis week to Cadets. If it were last week in July, I'd be concerned but with 6 weeks left.... I'm tentatively excited about a Cadets end of season surge.

You and me both.

This is why I was skeptical with the whole change to the visual staff. I have my concerns, but Cadets seem to be making a little headway with it; competing against corps that have a visual staff that has longevity is kinda tough but I am hoping it works out for the best for them.

We may go from all back to all white?

So I do not know much other than what people are posting on this site about the uniforms changing, but if they are changing to a more stone-colored look, I think that would be a positive change. The black makes the Cadets look like a smaller corps; white makes them look bigger (imo). I also think the uniforms would give the drill positive impact on the show. Time will tell I guess.