2016 Uniform Thread

Anyone know why they chose red for the drum major and not the other way around?

I wondered the same thing.....

Id love to see the new Blue Stars uniforms that have everyone abuzz. Where are y'all finding them?

Id love to see the new Blue Stars uniforms that have everyone abuzz. Where are y'all finding them?

They had a fund raiser where they showed the uniforms to people who donated. Everyone's gonna see them be pretty soon, and I will enjoy reading everyone's opinions about them.

13417641_10153805856443335_4597929870653

Xmen's new threads are . . . nice. Not great. Not bad. Right in the middle of the bell curve. If someone were to sketch out a generic DCI uniform, I think they'd arrive at something very close to this: a risk-averse look that fades from memory quickly. No rough edges to distract, nor anything distinctive to drive home a lasting impression. As I've said elsewhere, strong performance has a way of making any uniform look good. These should do nicely.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

I like the plumes Crossmen chose. I'm not a fan of the uniform design though.

I think I'm with you. The big capital F on the chest is a poor substitute for the Maltese Cross. They will probably look fine on the field, though.

Edited by Yossarian Sam

Xmen's new threads are . . . nice. Not great. Not bad. Right in the middle of the bell curve. If someone were to sketch out a generic DCI uniform, I think they'd arrive at something very close to this: a risk-averse look that fades from memory quickly. No rough edges to distract, nor anything distinctive to drive home a lasting impression. As I've said elsewhere, strong performance has a way of making any uniform look good. These should do nicely.

Terrible.

The problem for me is that they have the colors reversed....the corps proper should be in red, with the drum majors in gray. Yes, that may go against the "show concept", but whatever. Can anyone confirm if this is the same jacket as last year with a new digitally-printed front? That's my suspicion, and if so makes a ton of sense (and isn't expensive).

The problem for me is that they have the colors reversed....the corps proper should be in red, with the drum majors in gray. Yes, that may go against the "show concept", but whatever. Can anyone confirm if this is the same jacket as last year with a new digitally-printed front? That's my suspicion, and if so makes a ton of sense (and isn't expensive).

It mostly likely is. They've been doing this since 2013

thinking back, wasn't it 2012 (and maybe other years) where the corps was in black and white and only the DMs had red on their uniform? either way, if it worked back then hopefully it'll work now. though there is way more white on this specific uni.

kinda wish they would remove the 3 mirrors and replace them with a sing maltese cross mirror on the chest or sash dangle thingy.