No Detailed Recaps

I love looking at the recaps. I will miss it. I won't care who wins music. I want to know who wins drums. After semifinals, I enjoyed calculating that BD needed to best Cadets by .4 in drums to win the Sanford. Honestly, I didn't think it would happen.

Perhaps that is the reason for the rule change.

:dontgetit:

• Like 1

Not only do a substantial number read the recaps, EACH fan in attendance has EASY ACCESS to the recaps because DCI prints the recaps in the Friday and Saturday Contest Program during championship week in Indy.

I say "bull" that fans don't care about the recaps. DCI knows fans DO care about them and are interested in knowing the results. If they didn't, DCI wouldn't PRINT the recaps in the Contest Program.

Great point, and something I had forgotten! DCI did this at Prelims/Finals regionals BITD as well; I remember going to Preview of Champions finals night and getting a free recap of the previous day's Prelims.

• Like 1

DCI certainly thought its fanbase enjoyed the recap analysis. If they didn't they would not have Michael Boo prominently display the recaps with his analysis on their website's front page after the major shows each and every year for quite a few years now. If few or nobody cared about the recaps, then DCI itself would not provide such analysis from a writer, nor published it prominently even themsrelves during Championships week. Furthermore, DCP certainly saw their readers interested in the recaps, as it created a section here on DCP several years back for its DCP's to check out too. Heck, even the shows in the Cinemas gave the DCI Cinema goeers a breakdown of the scores ,citing the recaps AND with its announcers ( Dennis, Rondo ) even spending a few moments discussing the various Corps scores via the recaps. So this notion that somehow few fans are interested in the recaps is at total odds by the very actions of DCI, DCP, Drum Corps World, etc itself that demonstrated quite convincingly that even THEY believe there is a strongly sufficient fanbase appetite for these recaps to be published , then discussed and analysed.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

DCI certainly thought its fanbase enjoyed the recap analysis. If they didn't they would not have Michael Boo prominently display the recaps with his analysis on their website's front page after the major shows each and every year for quite a few years now. If few or nobody cared about the recaps, then DCI itself would not provide such analysis from a writer, nor published it prominently even themsrelves during Championships week.

Many, many thousands of fans read the Recap Roundup. However, I'm not sure if any of them actually "enjoyed" it.

• Like 4

Many, many thousands of fans read the Recap Roundup. However, I'm not sure if any of them actually "enjoyed" it.

It never won you a Pulitzer Prize for Literature Michael Boo, but nevertheless, lots of us Drum Corps fans enjoyed reading it. It was fun and informative, imo.

• Like 2

It never won you a Pulitzer Prize for Literature Michael Boo, but nevertheless, lots of us Drum Corps fans enjoyed reading it. It was fun and informative, imo.

Oh, sure...rub in the Pulitzer snub. But despite the contribution to my lack of sleep on certain summer weekends, I truly did enjoy doing the Recap Roundup.

I sure didn't; but corps sold them at their souvie booths at shows & that's where I routinely bought them.

Now will just have to be content buying instead of recaps those autographed life size photo glossies of Michael Boo; we use to get them for free in his early writing days before he became a celebrity. But that was BITD.