Blue Devils 2016

It makes as much sense as a crown set at the end of a spaghetti western :)

I mean, one is a staple of a corps, I don't think this is a Blue Devils staple. Also, the crown is a single drill set, while this would be a massive screen printing adding a very clear and non ambiguous element.

I'm not trying to do double standards here. I agree the crown doesn't fit, but at least its relevant to the corps identity. The shield at the end of vanguards show isn't relevant to nature either.

i teach the tempest every year, and i never got the impression that the show is trying to re-tell the tempest. more about the power of the imagination, both destructive and creative.

Maybe not a literally retelling, but its pretty heavily inspired by the characters and events from the play. A giant screen printed kraken/cthulhu seems pretty random for them to tie in to this.

Thing is I'm well prepared musically, but the visual portion is what makes me nervous.

Take a basic dance class. Something outside of your comfort zone like hip hop or Latin. Do cardio.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if BD has ever used their "B with notehead" in their visual program?

I would say no. But that would be cool. Perhaps for the 60th anniversary show next year?

So has anyone else heard about the fact that BD's drum line is changing the slips on their drums MID-SHOW now?!

Apparently the lack of lugs on the system blue drums means they can do this during the ballad.

• Like 1

ekks

it's monster !

(shades of Cadets 2014 banner cheese explosion)

Wow your hatred of Cadets spews into other threads.

I hope they change the closing set.

I've never been a huge fan of BD. I appreciate the excellence and maybe just got used to expecting that BUT with the struggles of my Cadets, my respect for BD has grown immensely. To be that consistent in an activity which is so opinion driven now is incredible. You literally have to win the minds of many panels of judges which is so hard considering how opinions vary from one person to another. I'm now a BD fan. Still a Cadet homer BUT as an adult, my respect for overcoming life challenges and succeeding deserves my public admiration.

• Like 2

I've never been a huge fan of BD. I appreciate the excellence and maybe just got used to expecting that BUT with the struggles of my Cadets, my respect for BD has grown immensely. To be that consistent in an activity which is so opinion driven now is incredible. You literally have to win the minds of many panels of judges which is so hard considering how opinions vary from one person to another. I'm now a BD fan. Still a Cadet homer BUT as an adult, my respect for overcoming life challenges and succeeding deserves my public admiration.

I would like to officially welcome you to the dark side lol.

• Like 2