The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

DrumManTX: Thank You for your Texas Size endorsement of this well deserved program. I assure you, THEY ARE "having so much fun performing" it.

Of course. I've been a firm believer and fan of this corps since I started following the activity, it's so much fun seeing them come to fruition this year. Finals or not, they are making a big statement this year. I know if I was still eligible to march where I'd be auditioning. Seriously.

OK, so if Academy gets into top 12 who falls out of top 12?

Boston or Scouts. Hate to say it, but it's how I feel.

Also, I'd like to know when the Sky Ryder's remerged?! LOVING the Academy. Reminds me so much of Sky Ryders, my favorite corps back in the day!

• Like 1

Congratulations are in order for Academy, as they topped the Boston Crusaders for the 1st time and thats an historic milestone for them. Academy has a wonderfully entertaining show this season. It runs counter to the prevailing sentiment that you can't have a bright show, with appealing music, a coherent theme, and place well within your pecking order.

A rare, spontaneous post from me. I watched 8 hours of live feed today and made short notes for each corps. Beside Academy I wrote 'pure entertainment; unchained melody, this show brought tears of joy'. Thank you.

• Like 1

Congratulations ACADEMY! Not since 2007 when they placed 10th in San Antonio, and 13th in World Class DCi Semi-finals in Indy, have they been on the cusp of joining the ranks of Top 12 DCI Corps. "Drum Corpse Bride" has all the elements to take it to it's highest level of achievement in World Class Competition. Continue cleaning and developing this brilliantly crafted and entertaining production, as you have thus far.... and if the Audience in the stands have any say in the matter, you just may enjoy a Wedding Reception on Saturday, August 13th in Indy, where you'll have your cake and get to enjoy it too. Best Wishes for continued success in the ongoing growth of your fan base and program and the attainment of more milestones along your summer tour. Bravo on your stellar performance and 12th place finish in San Antonio. Can't wait watch your DCI LIVE performance in Atlanta next Saturday. Embrace the moment and Enjoy the ride, I sure am! Thank You.

• Like 1