Huntsville Harmonometer

Bluecoats:

Good show, but SYNTHESIZERS DO NOT COUNT AS BRASS. The synth was way too loud, especially the ending chord. Visually, they'll win tonight. Loved the drill and guard, just beautiful! that'll be the caption that causes a larger gap between them and the cadets. Have some issues with the music, again, because of the synth stuff, they have great brass that don't need to be backed by a synth!

Felt the same after seeing them in Daytona. Cool show, but just can't see how they are beating Cadets in Music.

Bluecoats' brass is phenomenal. Anyone listening to their in-the-lot videos knows that. The hornline could easily stand on its own against Crown, BD, and Cadets. But I agree, I also wish they relied less on amplification and synths, it's doing a disservice to the members as a whole in my opinion. But they are their own niche and I commend them for exploring.

The issue also is that they have the "rewind" part in the 2nd movement that is a recording of their brass too, how is a recording supposed to count as great music effect? Sound effects are cool, but that was kinda too much. Not hating, just stating. Also, in depth review for world class coming shortly Edited by kinetic inferno11

that would prob be easy if it wasn't for the simple fact that all of the guard equipment is inside of them that is used during the show...

1. Once the guard stuff makes it to the field in the windmills, are there any points lost if the equipment is positioned on the field?

2. Are there any points gained by not having the guard mm run to touch lines or other locations on the field to switch up equipment?

3. Is the corps losing points by having too many windmills?

The key is not to fill up on tonics.

This is why you remain one of my favorite DCP posters.

Such sage advice.

Bluecoats - 82.9

Cadets - 80.95

Not as bad as expecting, glad for cadets given they added a ton of changes yesterday

Edited by kinetic inferno11

Good to see Cadets keeping within 2 points of Bloo even after all the changes being made!

• Like 2

Recaps again showing Cadets could make a surge. Music and GE score compared to Coats is not huge. Visual score is lagging but Cadets level cleaning will fix that. I suspect Cadets start to make a big move over the weekend.

• Like 1

Another subject I got a C in over 50 years ago. I was surprised decades ago to learn Indy was in the ETZ.

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Indy used to be a city that didn't change times all year round. Like San Juan and Phoenix.

Edited by blakman7

Recaps again showing Cadets could make a surge. Music and GE score compared to Coats is not huge. Visual score is lagging but Cadets level cleaning will fix that. I suspect Cadets start to make a big move over the weekend.

I think SA is when they make a move. Not going to get all those changes cleaned up over weekend.

• Like 2