Drenched in DeKalb

It gets clearer and clearer each year that after switching away from G, Carolina Crown is the only corps to keep the type of sound drum corps were intended to produce--that homogenous, pipe-organ-like aura that you can practically *see*. A uniform "burn" in the upper voices blended with a bottom end like a punch in the chest. Only other corps that can come close these days is Bluecoats. Blue Devils play loud at points, but it just doesn't sound like a loud drum corps sound. It's just there.

Hahahahahaha...

Oh wait, you're serious.

Haha hahahahaha!

• Like 1

Hahahahahaha...

Oh wait, you're serious.

Haha hahahahaha!

From what I heard Cadets are pretty freaking loud this year...

In addition to SCV, Crown, BD, Bloo.

Madison nails down 8th in 2015.....has two rings.......still not TOC.

• Like 1

No matter what you think of their show, there is do doubt Crown can part your hair whenever they choose to. Kudos to them, a very risky and powerful program. Getting better and better, no way they don't medal.

Not sure about risky, though I think it's the best program they've had. Would like to see them take some chances range-wise some day. They're always in a comfortable range, playing some very technical stuff, which they do very well. Would like to see them out of their comfort zone, play some high notes, and stretch their stamina here and there. They do an excellent job in programming chop saver breaks throughout the show, blitz you with brilliance, rinse, repeat. Smart design, but they have so much more that we won't see. Great freakin' musicians...let's see all of what they have.

Sorry bro, but you need to sit in their circle this year. They're freakin' deafening....and I'm not someone that gives those kinds of compliments lightly. Love Crown's sound too. They have the Yamaha type sound, as do Cadets. BD are back on Kings this year BTW, instead of the Conn System Blue horns.

I sat in a BD circle once. Nearly failed my Audiogram the next day.

• Like 1

Madison nails down 8th in 2015.....has two rings.......still not TOC.

Need to read up on that G7 rulebook ;)

It gets clearer and clearer each year that after switching away from G, Carolina Crown is the only corps to keep the type of sound drum corps were intended to produce--that homogenous, pipe-organ-like aura that you can practically *see*. A uniform "burn" in the upper voices blended with a bottom end like a punch in the chest. Only other corps that can come close these days is Bluecoats. Blue Devils play loud at points, but it just doesn't sound like a loud drum corps sound. It's just there.

I don't think I could disagree more.

Crown is probably farther away from the G-bugle sound than anyone in World Class. They've created their own unique sound, than no one else replicates, and it's a #### good sound. Devils have crafted a unique sound as well, but it's steeped in the *quality* G-bugle heritage that they pioneered.

I love both approaches. I also agree with Corpsband...the two corps absolutely push each other, and they've taught each other a number of lessons along the way. Heck, he BD staff, members and fans recognized Crown's emergence as a World Class perennial contender maybe even before the folks at Crown themselves did. The two staffs and alumni bases are huge fans of each other and are pretty tight.

Competition breeds excellence, and those two corps have really embodied that idea (Devils for five decades, and Crown since 2009).

• Like 2