Denton TX Duelings

My first GOOSE BUMP moment of the season.....SCV I'm :inlove:

Fourth time with Vanguard this year (2 live, 2 on screen). Feeling like I don't really need to watch it a 5th. It's fine, just not very interesting.

Musically I really enjoy the show. Visually not so much. Hate the staging during the ballad. The guard is not incorporated very well throughout the show. Visually not many wow moments. Musically lots :)

Edited by GREENBLUE

As a band director, I just really admire what I see on the field from these kids. I just wish I could show it to MY kids more. I alwas order the DVD and that's fine but, gosh I sure miss that dvr function. Preaching to the choir, I know.

• Like 2

Be happy you can login. They're still looking into why my account can't.

(Also, I assume it's for the same reason the DCI website is so heinously run that they've got banner ads all over the thing, adding at least tens of dollars a year to their coffers. It's a disgrace that a multi million dollar organization can't get it's act together and have a website that looks professional, and works well. My favorite insult is the giant banner they throw up when I've got my ad blocker turned on telling me the site looks better with ads. It's a shitshow.)

Sorry; I guess I should count my blessings that I can log in. I've had trouble in the past but the new website is just ridiculous. I miss the old schedule format that had the "month-at-a-glance" that you could link to the show info. Many times their new website just freezes up & I have to re-boot. Crazy!

As a band director, I just really admire what I see on the field from these kids. I just wish I could show it to MY kids more. I alwas order the DVD and that's fine but, gosh I sure miss that dvr function. Preaching to the choir, I know.

You can get some software called Camtasia (and I'm sure there are other packages out there as well) and record it right to your computer. Pretty easy to use. Each corps show is about 3-4GB, but worth it if you want to watch or rewatch it later. It works great.

• Like 1