Denton TX Duelings

Agreed! As much as I love SCV's show, they do not have the brass prowess of the Cadets which will help them most in the end. However, I do believe SCV will overtake the Cadets in GE eventually.

Cadets and SCV will stay close for now. Cadets much dirtier do to rewriting so much of their show but "could" pull ahead once done with changes (stage removal and getting rid of grid drill).

Cadets and SCV will stay close for now. Cadets much dirtier do to rewriting so much of their show but "could" pull ahead once done with changes (stage removal and getting rid of grid drill).

are these changes officially in the works? anyone know or are we just supposing?

I do know they have more color, other changes and additions planned

3 weeks and a couple days to clean clean clean!

Would love to see the Visual breakdown to know where the gap between Bloo and Crown occurred.

Edited by snare_guy_83

Fundamentally, I now wonder if Down Side Up will always be the fan favorite, but always not look totally "clean" by judging standards. The Gold is going to come down to one or two tenths of a point, and in fact that may be the spread between first and fourth. With that fine a margin, I just don't know that Bluecoats will get that final tip of the hat by the judges that I suspect BD and Crown are designing their shows to get.

I think the issue currently is the last part of the drill is quite messy. It looks relatively clean (especially considering the white uniforms) up to that point, but when they begin the series of constant rotations in the center near the end, interval problems were everywhere. It may need to be hosed a bit, or slowed down. Smart adjustments there will make it more achievable.

• Like 1

Would love to see the Visual breakdown to know where the gap between Bloo and Crown occurred.

I think VP and CG is where crown has been stronger in these head-to-heads, but your guess is as good as mine.

I'm interested in how Crown is getting beat in Music. With a competing percussion who's beat Bloo and BD already this year and the strongest contender for the Ott (albeit my opinion) AND a the best Klesch/Hannum arrangement yet, I thought music would be THEIR strength this year.

• Like 1

I think VP and CG is where crown has been stronger in these head-to-heads, but your guess is as good as mine.

I'm interested in how Crown is getting beat in Music. With a competing percussion who's beat Bloo and BD already this year and the strongest contender for the Ott (albeit my opinion) AND a the best Klesch/Hannum arrangement yet, I thought music would be THEIR strength this year.

And note that Cadets were only off Crown in music by one tenth and a half. For the audience's ears, this is all going to be very sweet.

It's such a small margin though and could just be the by product of the personal preferences of the judges on a particular night.

• Like 1

It's such a small margin though and could just be the by product of the personal preferences of the judges on a particular night.

I could not agree more.

I think BD and Crown will battle for the top brass trophy come finals.

I think BD and Bloo will battle for the top percussion trophy come finals.

I think BD and Crown will battle for the top color guard trophy come finals.

I think BD and Bloo will battle for the top GE in music trophy come finals.

I think BD and Crown will battle for the top GE visual trophy come finals.

All in all, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placements will be determine by the margins on each caption, but I do think the top 3 will be within .6 of each other.

What I think will happen on finals night: BD/Crown tie.

What I want to happen on finals night: Crown wins by .6

• Like 1