Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

... wow... the original post was about Scouts and Academy... sooooo...

My bad. Regardless, they've already beaten Scouts, so get over it? I mean, unless you're in the corps, there's really nothing you personally can do about it. Yeah, you don't understand it, but you probably aren't a trained judge either. So, why even try to understand it? Just enjoy the shows. I'm sitting at home with no way to watch any shows other than the 1 I attended live, so I live vicariously through comments on here. Hard to do when I have to sift through Negative Nancy comments just to find one comment that's about what's going on the field right now. Edited by UKSuperman

I feel like some people here should actually try and enjoy shows for once.

Maybe I just lack the funds, but it must suck to pay for something and then be cynical about it. You see it more with YouTube comments.

• Like 1

My bad. Regardless, they've already beaten Scouts, so get over it? I mean, unless you're in the corps, there's really nothing you personally can do about it. Yeah, you don't understand it, but you probably aren't a trained judge either. So, why even try to understand it? Just enjoy the shows. I'm sitting at home with no way to watch any shows other than the 1 I attended live, so I live vicariously through comments on here. Hard to do when I have to sift through Negative Nancy comments just to find one comment that's about what's going on the field right now.

In all fairness, it is a discussion board. Not everyone is going to like everything or agree with everything the judges do. I, for one, do not think the Academy has the demand of corps above and below them, but I understand why they are placing where they are. It is a very well designed show, that flows very well. The designers of this show were very smart, IMO. They have given the kids a product they can excel at, and it's paying off. Do I think they will stay ahead of Madison? I'm not sure....it depends on how well Madison cleans up.

Academy:

Great show, the marching fits the music perfectly.

Did anybody hear the clever music quote that starts out with Here Comes the Bride and transitions effortlessly into Chopin's death march?

I said it after seeing Academy in week 1, and I say it now; Top Twelve.

• Like 5