Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Oh yeah, this is why I never watch multicam on SCV...

• Like 3

I have no idea what that show means.

I don't give a #### about that though. They play and move with such intensity, it sells it, whatever it is.

This show is in danger of winning high brass and percussion.

If their feet were cleaner I'd agree. They could win percussion. Brass I am not sure. But you're right, the Cadets sound like a million dollars. Just a fantastic performance by brass and perc. I love most of the music, too. The new closing music is almost there, they need to skip that short chorale like statement when they hit the first push after silence and just jump into the Pines of the Appian Way March feel. Bravo to the staff and kids for their hard work with a show that just didn't gel. So many changes in visual and music and they still have a shot at top 5. Amazing! Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

SCV's source material, Max Richter's "Recomposed" riffs on Vivaldi, equally beautiful -- the whole album is G.O.A.T. level: https://youtu.be/DLDvbnK_Sqk

If you've seen the dicaprio/scorsese movie Shutter Island, Richter also did a take on the song "This Bitter Earth" that's absolutely gorgeous: https://youtu.be/jXHGoaEtmFM

• Like 1

(I want SCV to sneak in finals week and win it all...)

This- Definitely This

Most beautiful show of the year SCV!

Well, you have to at least give the performers in the Cadets a lot of credit, as they really are working hard to sell this show, but its just not clicking. Its too dreary, dark, depressing for 95% of the show so that when the theme tries to go positive at the end, its unrealistic as an ending.

Jeez, the Cadets Feel Good Christmas show theme in 2012.... playing Jingle Bells, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, etc was far better received as a show design by both judges and audiences alike, and placed 4th. While there is probably more performer talent in this years Corps, I don't see this season's Cadets finishing as high as their Christmas Themed 2012 show... but who knows... we'll see.