Who will peak first?

Makes no sense.

Here is BD vs Coats

4J6IFmY.jpg

Here is Crown vs. Coats

rg9FpkM.jpg

Remember Crown closed the gap created on Friday's TOC show (Friday gap was 1.0 Saturday was .838). I think you are letting the show you like best influence you. I'm not saying that Crown (or BD) will overcome Coats necessarily but I think we'll see it become closer and closer instead of either staying the same distance or the distance getting wider.

• Like 1

Makes no sense.

Here is BD vs Coats

4J6IFmY.jpg

Here is Crown vs. Coats

rg9FpkM.jpg

Remember Crown closed the gap created on Friday's TOC show (Friday gap was 1.0 Saturday was .838). I think you are letting the show you like best influence you. I'm not saying that Crown (or BD) will overcome Coats necessarily but I think we'll see it become closer and closer instead of either staying the same distance or the distance getting wider.

Weird. Those lines all look like they have an upward trend lately. I'm sorry, where is this plateau people are talking about?

• Like 1

Makes no sense.

Here is BD vs Coats

4J6IFmY.jpg

Here is Crown vs. Coats

rg9FpkM.jpg

*Tells people they're biased*

*Shows his own biases*

• Like 2

Not sure who will peak early but I know BD won't.

• Like 5

I think maybe "peak" is the incorrect word. To me, that would imply a corps score will start decreasing. Generally notated on a line graph as the highest point. I don't really think any corps will decrease in score overall from now until until Indy. What we are probably looking for is a slowing of the rate of increase.

I think it's likely Cavaliers will peak before BK which will make Cavaliers very uncomfortable.

Why do you think The Cavaliers are going to "peak"? TBH I've never understood that term as it relates to drum corps.

I think it's likely Cavaliers will peak before BK which will make Cavaliers very uncomfortable.

I don't agree. Cavaliers show has much more content than BK's. I've outlined why deep in the BK thread. Cavaliers will push Cadets. I also think Blue Stars will ultimately end up in 7th. Program is more difficult and has more content than BK.

Blue Stars (BS) vs Blue Knights (BK).

Guard - Stars guard is much more integrated. BK's guard, although performing very well, seems more of an afterthought. Flags spend most of their time in the far back of the field. Blue Stars guard is much more integrated into the show, and their presence is more noticeable. Guard book is also more demanding and effective.

Drill - BK doesn't really have a readable drill. Lots of scatter sets, and no compelling transitions from one set to the next. Blue Star's drill is amazing this year. Transitions are very good, exciting and very effective. Drill is very readable and one set easily flows into the next set. Very very demanding compared to BK's, and more effective. Drill reminds me of Cavies.

Music - While BK has one of my favorite books this year, the simultaneous demands on the musical ensemble are just not there. Lots of body movements, dancing and running in scatter sets. Doesn't detract from the fact, that the ensemble, as a whole, is just not marching a difficult drill while playing. However, after SCV, this will likely be the show I listen to most. Blue Stars line is playing while marching that challenging drill. It's coming together very well, which is why they passed Regiment, and why their scores are increasing faster than BK.

Percussion - I don't know diddly about percussion, but from what others in the know have said, I believe percussion would be an advantage for the Stars.

I think by the end of the season, BK will only lead Blue Stars in brass. Blue Stars program is just much more demanding and well conceived than BK's. I think people automatically assume because BK is doing weird #### this year that they have a lot of content and demand. In reality, they don't. It's a better program than Regiment, which is why I think BK ends the season in 8th.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1