DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

I would be more impressed with Cadets if half their volume wasn't coming from the speakers.

A little subtledy would go a long way.

FYI no penalty for Crossmen

Timing & Penalty Judge tonite is the former DM for the Crossmen.

That said, given the fact that LOTS of Corps were not on time this season to start their show in the required time, i'm ok with her apparent waiver of the timing penalty for the Crossmen tonite, if so.

Edited by BRASSO

Do Adonis, the violin and the trumpet just stand there/hide between solos? Seems like a huge waste of talent

Both the trumpet soloist and Adonis were brought on late. Hoppy had to advertise on FB for them.

Cadets are so good that at times you remember them as the top 3 beast they've so often been. The brass and percussion and pit are just incredible in every way. Visuals are much improved through the first 2/3 of the show. Sadly the last 1/3 of the show is forced and unclear visually and musically. I just don't think the ending will ever develop as they had hoped.

Still, I think they've performed a miracle with this show considering where it started and what a hot mess it was in June. 5th or 6th come finals. No way this beats SCV, at least not to my thinking. Then again I'm wrong a lot so... :)

Congrats, Cadets!

• Like 1

Cavies guard is working hard tonight. They're doing a great job but those uniforms are still a bit too jarring.